Resonator removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Five.SevenlExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
dab paint thinner on a rag and wipe off the residue.

dont leave the area uncleaned after words.... when you done removing the residue

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My resonators are gone. I have a 14" Magnaflow muffler on my single exhaust. I had an incredibly obnoxious MDS related drone noise at about 1500rpm when crusing and now I barely notice it without the resonator and with the Magnaflow. It is loud though but that's what I like. I want my neighbors to hear me coming down the street.

OP
OP
dodger2107

dodger2107

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Decals and adhesive are gone trucks been professionally waxed and I am happy thanks for all ur feedback

DohCanadian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ran my truck (08) for awhile with just an aftermarket muffler, stock resonator and everything still, then decided it was a bit quiet.
So I got the resonator removed and it sounds 10x better, not obnoxiously loud but head turning. Little bit of drone from MDS but a tuner removed that in a hurry.

So if your still debating it i'd say do it, it's worth it.

faitdushred

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I removed mine then noticed when I hammered on the gas from a dead stop she backfires at 4500RMP. Dont know if it always did this and just couldnt hear it and now with the new muffler I can. Would removing the resenator cause the truck to backfire? My exhaust got alot louder I find once resenator was removed. I only have a 14inch Magnaflow muffler installed.

Alweeja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I removed mine then noticed when I hammered on the gas from a dead stop she backfires at 4500RMP. Dont know if it always did this and just couldnt hear it and now with the new muffler I can. Would removing the resenator cause the truck to backfire? My exhaust got alot louder I find once resenator was removed. I only have a 14inch Magnaflow muffler installed.

Alweeja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Very good question. With my Borla S, I will install muffler first, listen and decide if I need more sound at the expense of Drone or Raspiness.