Retrofit Projector headlights or LED headlight bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I've been really disappointed with the light output of my headlights lately and am wanting to fix that. I was thinking either a replacement LED bulb or a retrofit projector setup. I know the LED bulb might not work that great since the reflector in the OEM style headlights aren't designed to work with the LED bulbs specifically but anything has got to be better than what I have now.

I did find these retrofit headlights on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-2002...d=172708778161&_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109

My only problem with those is the orange reflectors and not knowing if the light output will be any good or not. Still searching though. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I don't really want halos so was happy when I found those retrofits without.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Personally I would avoid the generic eBay spyder projector headlamps they’re crapped compared to an actual retrofit. I would get a set of stock replacement style handlamps and retro those with a set of Morimoto projectors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
this^^ paired with HID's is the best route. if you're thrifty you can do it for fairly cheap considering the dramatic lighting change youll get

EDIT: when i said "this^^" i was referring to the morimoto retrofit. i cant speak on the aftermarket lights

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is my low beam output, morimoto retrofit with 35W HID 5k bulbs. i have them turned way down so i dont blind smaller cars as i sit a hair nose high

113898292bc75e925b0e5d8126e38851.jpg

OP
OP
xtremewlr

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That light output is fantastic compared to what I have now. I really don't want to do the retrofit myself though. Is there anyone that sells good retrofits ready to go?

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Retroshop.us

But it’s really not difficult at all to do yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hit up retroshop for someone to build them. its not hard to do yourself and we offer all the parts necessary to do it for a great discount if your interested message me. We can put together a nice setup for you!

CUAviator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I am in need of an entirely new headlight set up - new lenses, housing, LED bulbs, etc. If the consensus is to NOT get a Spyder set, are there any complete sets that are worth it (side note, I kind of want it to looook like the Spyder lights).

2003 Ram 1500, SLT, Hemi

Ron Morell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Retro from Jeremy only. LED headlights are not as bright as good quality HID in projectors.

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
I am in need of an entirely new headlight set up - new lenses, housing, LED bulbs, etc. If the consensus is to NOT get a Spyder set, are there any complete sets that are worth it (side note, I kind of want it to looook like the Spyder lights).

2003 Ram 1500, SLT, Hemi

You could always buy the lights you want and retrofit those, you know. Just check out the headlights on Demon-HeMi's blue truck. Fully custom modded cheapo aftermarket heads with retrofit and paint and halos, etc. Boom.