Reupholstering sun visors

Discussion in 'Interior' started by 97magnum, Sep 25, 2016.

1. 97magnum

97magnum Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.2 Magnum
    Hey there folks, I am new to the forum and this is my first dodge truck, first thing I did was add a new headliner, now I want to have the sun visors match the headliner too.
    I read online that the sun visors should just snap open and you could easily add whatever type of fabric you choose.
    So I removed the fabric on mine and having trouble snapping them open, is this even possible or did I read the wrong info?
    My sun visors have vanity mirrors with lights and are plastic not cardboard/wood

2. DodgeTx

DodgeTx Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9L
    In my opinion it is not easy, and is easily messed up. I tried and just got different normal ones from junk yard.

you can rip them apart reupholster them and glue them back together, I didn't have much luck.

3. Meatball12

Meatball12 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9 magnum
    The Visors are held together buy some kind of Foam adhesive. I used a hobby knife to slice it down the middle and opened them up like a clam shell. Used a Fabric Glue I found in the house to put the new fabric on and then used Gorilla Glue (#HarambeGlue) to put it back together because it is a high expansion glue. Be sure to use plenty of clams when gluing it back together. Mine are going on 1 year and still holding great.

Attached Files:

4. 97magnum

97magnum Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.2 Magnum
    Thanks guys, mines are the plastic based ones and it seems like the plastic is bonded together, trust me i tried everything, i pretty much just ruined a perfectly good sunvisor, i should have just used that fabric spray paint lol oh well, plus i cant find any vanity sunvisors are my local junkyard :/

5. Meatball12

Meatball12 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9 magnum
    LMC Truck is your friend.:happy107: