Rev Limiter - Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hey all,

I'm finally getting to explore the truck some more. I was going to do some before audio clips of the truck, thinking I'm going with the Mufflex 14 system.

Anyway, when I was revving it up in park, I noticed she only revs to around 4000 RPM, is that right? Also it takes awhile for the RPM to fall when you do rev it up that high.

Just curious is if that is how she works. 2013 5.7 HEMI

Thanks!

SilsHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Couple things. In park the PCM won't allow you to over the rev engine. It's a safety feature. I personally wouldn't rev the engine when it isn't under load.

Last edited:
OP
OP
VdubBry

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ok so it seems its done by design then.

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^This ^^^ What Sil said

Nothing good will ever come from revving in park, the limiter is there for a very good reason.

steadly2004

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
Couple things. In park the PCM won't allow you to over the rev engine. It's a safety feature. I personally wouldn't rev the engine when it isn't under load.

You have two Rev limiters, one for park and one for while you are driving. I would Rev it up while driving, you'll hit a shift point most of the time before the Rev limit, unless locked in gear. Just not all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

SilsHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have two Rev limiters, one for park and one for while you are driving. I would Rev it up while driving, you'll hit a shift point most of the time before the Rev limit, unless locked in gear. Just not all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

He was asking about the rev limiter in park. Revving under load is when you're in drive. Trust me I know about all the limiters quite well. ;)

OP
OP
VdubBry

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ok thanks for the info. Not something I would ever normally do I just wanted to give her a little juice to get a before audio clip and noticed the strange way it worked. My wife's car is a TDi turbo diesel and it behaves the same. My truck before this, a Nissan Titan didn't seem to have any park rev limiter either.

My supercharged car on the other hand won't even start unless I rev the hell out of her lol

SilsHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It was a good question. Enjoy the truck and the forum! :)

OP
OP
VdubBry

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks! I'm guessing then you can power brake or line lock this thing than lol. On the titans we modded them with a feature sort of like a line lock, man it was fun especially at the track :)