Right way to lower 2016 R/T ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michael2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello do any of y'all have any recommendation on kits and which kits are good to lower a 4 gen R/T what's the right way to go

muscleram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
How low u wanna go?
I put 2 inch drop springs in the rear only. Mcaughys.
I added airbags and a sway bar. I think it's suttle and no one would notice but all truck guys point it out to me

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

michael2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Like a 2-4 or cut it a bit for a 3-5 but Idk if I should do spindles

jedeisurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you want to go that low check out Inez hotrods kits they offer a 3", 4"and 5" drop for the front and a 4" to 7" for the rear.

BAMF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How low u wanna go?
I added airbags and a sway bar. I think it's suttle and no one would notice but all truck guys point it out to me

Has that effected how you truck drives and feels?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Improved handling less body roll, waitng for my rear bags to come in should help when loading the motorcycles.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ncgrl1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 RAM LongHorn 4x4
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
FYI: I bought a set of 2" drop McGaughy's rear springs for my R/T. It only gave me 3/4" drop in the rear. To get the 2" drop, you need a quad or crew cab.

MikeG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FYI: I bought a set of 2" drop McGaughy's rear springs for my R/T. It only gave me 3/4" drop in the rear. To get the 2" drop, you need a quad or crew cab.

Mine is belltech rear springs and mcgaughys spindles

BAMF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How low u wanna go?

What is the sway bar for with a 2" drop? Just curious I was planning on doing McCaughey springs but hadn't considered replacing the sway bar.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

NakedBee

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Ram R/T
Engine
Just picked up a 14 R/T that had a Belltech 2/4 using springs already installed. To me it still rides soft and would like it a little stiffer:superhack: I also found out that it has adjustable upper and lower rear bars and an adjustable panhard bar all from Spohn. I believe using the adjustable bars it the correct way to lower it in the rear to get the suspension geometry back correct.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Just picked up a 14 R/T that had a Belltech 2/4 using springs already installed. To me it still rides soft and would like it a little stiffer:superhack: I also found out that it has adjustable upper and lower rear bars and an adjustable panhard bar all from Spohn. I believe using the adjustable bars it the correct way to lower it in the rear to get the suspension geometry back correct.

Adjustable bars don't bring the rear geometery back into spec,you need relocation brackets from either Illicit or Inez to bring the rear locating arms back to somewhere parallel with the ground.All the adjustable arms do is allow you to move the diff back to where it's roughly located in the center of the wheelwell,and bring the pinion angle back to roughly a 1 degree drop,but by no stretch do they address the geometery issue of the locating arms running uphill instead of parallel with the ground.

NakedBee

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Ram R/T
Engine
I did not know that, thanks for the info, I'll have to look into those brackets.

Terrible Tradesman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemiroid
I did the McGaughy's Deluxe 2/4 spindle drop. After installing I would go back and recommend the Belltech with a panhard bar re-locator bracket.

I don't like the heavier cast iron McGaughy's spindles replacing the nice stock aluminum ones and sawing off the rear bumpstops housings was kind of a pain.

The ride overall isn't much different than stock.

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the Illicit brackets get you real close but not perfect. I finally got away from my Spohn (clunks) arms and built my own . You will more than likely have the pinion angle off still. I had a vibration at 55 to 60 mph, the new adjustable upper arms did away with that. Airlift bags are a must as far as I'm concerned. I pull a 19' boat , and they really help.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's the budget, driving style, intended use of the truck?

low buck drop would be a Belltech 2-4 that can be cut to 3/5ish with no major issues... just need to match up the bump stops to the right height you select. that will get you a simple driver...
Ground force or Mcgaughy's will get you the same with outcome for relatively the same price..

Next upgrade to that would be to add in QA1's and a set of adjustable control arms when 3/5 or lowerand adjustable panhard bard when 3/5 or lower

on top of that a set of Inez or Illicit rear brackets..

more expensive way would be Inez system with added expense on QA1 shocks, rear adjustable arms and panhard. Not all the adjustable parts are needed but help fine tune the drop.

The next step up on the $$$ scale is Ridetech air...

But really gotta look at what your budget and use of the truck