Rockfored Fosgate DSR1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmpriebe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a 2017 with the uconnect 3c. 8.4" screen. Purchased a dsr1 but having trouble finding my factory amp to plug the harness into. I have the 6 speaker system. Where was you factory amp located?

bmpriebe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So, I have everything working now. I probably have 3 full days into it. Allot of that was troubleshooting the DSR1. The DSR1 is pretty sweet. I have it feeding a Punch 1000X5. Installed Alpine R Type front and rear with the tweeters in the stock dash corner locations. I was worried the tweeters would be too bright but they are perfect. I did set them to the -2db setting on the crossovers. I also installed the JL stealthbox. It turned out even better than I had hoped.
I did end up having to install 500 ohm resistors on the input side of the DSR1 so the stock system would see a load. It wouldn't work without them. Bypassing the factory Alpine amp makes a world of difference.
View attachment 94704

View attachment 94705

View attachment 94706

Where is your factory amp located?

SDDawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Drivers side right above the parking brake. If you have the 6 speaker system then you don't have an amp. Only the Alpine system has it. You can still use the DSR1 though. You will just use the high level inputs on the DSR1.

Good luck!

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Drivers side right above the parking brake. If you have the 6 speaker system then you don't have an amp. Only the Alpine system has it. You can still use the DSR1 though. You will just use the high level inputs on the DSR1.

Good luck!

So you cans till use the DSR1 without the special harness? I believe Crutchfield said you could not use it as a standalone piece.

"Important Note: This Rockford Fosgate processor must be used with the iDatalink vehicle-specific harness. It will not operate as a stand-alone processor."

SDDawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The DSR1 does have a high level input. So you can take the regular high level full range output from the factory head unit and go into the DSR1. It would require splicing into the factory harness however.

SDDawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone else that's installed the DSR1 noticed how terrible the other functions sound? The audio on a phone call sounds absolutely terrible! Even sirius radio sounds worse. Music off the iPhone sounds incredibly clean, but other sources are bad. Any ideas?

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Has anyone else that's installed the DSR1 noticed how terrible the other functions sound? The audio on a phone call sounds absolutely terrible! Even sirius radio sounds worse. Music off the iPhone sounds incredibly clean, but other sources are bad. Any ideas?
Sirius is bad even on the OEM setup. Its the compression they use for alot of the channels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Wilfong9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve nearly finished my DSR1 install. Still trying to settle on a sub setup. Everything SDDawg has said so far is accurate. Idatalink ans Rockford marriage is garbage because neither company takes responsibility or really even tries to settle the issue without first pointing the finger.

That said though, the product sounds incredible. I have the 2016 so no resistors required. I’m currently running a true 3 way Focal KRX2 setup with the KR 4” added in the factory location, tweeters in custom fiberglass sails. No rear stage. The fronts 6.5s are on a dedicated Fosgate P500-2 and the 4s and tweets on a P400-4. The current sub setup is a ported to spec JL 10w6 on a JL XD600-1. Not enough output so will be swapping the XD with a Fosgate T1500bdCP and subs for something else. Miles of stinger roadkill and MLV attempt to isolate the Cummins..unsuccessfully.

The Front stage is incredible though. I was able to get a perfect center with a little time tuning and a perfect flat response with zero distortion at max even using the factory head unit and DSR-1. Very impressed.

My conclusion, i knew buying a first run product from 2 very reputable industry leaders in a messed up marriage trying to meet a niche. For what it is, they met a need with a fantastic option at a very reasonable price. Check other DSPs for justification. There are absolutely still bugs to be worked out, as SDDawg just mentioned all things ran through radio other then music (Nav, text notification, etc) is unable to be tuned and ANNOYINGLY LOUD. I’ve talked with both idata and Rockford and they have both said they are working on it.. (not holding my breathe..) it’s all software though so there is small hope.

Edit: I did also notice factory radio and satellite don’t sound nearly as good as the auxiliary source of my phone..not sure on this

SDDawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice to hear your success Wilfong9. Sounds like an impressive setup. Have you tried the 1.4.1 software release? I'm still on 1.3.1. I was hoping for some adjustments to the sensors and other sounds. I also can verify the auxiliary (and Carplay in my case) sound the best by far. I swear the satellite and radio sound worse than they did stock.

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
I have just received mine for Christmas and updated it last night.

I will be installing it when it warms up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Anybody running a DSR1 with the latest updates. Want to know if there's still issues with sat.radio quality, hands free calling and park sensor volume

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Or know of a better alternative that does have all the bugs worked out. I make a lot of phone calls on my alpine and satellite radio is what I listen to most. Also have front and rear park assist and the nav, which pipes in and cuts out the music. In my research I'm hearing it sounds great from external sources such as ipod, but everything else sounds comparatively bad.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Reactions: BWL

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That's what I'm hoping too. SDDAWG hasn't been on since January and I was hoping he'd sorted out the issues. I'm seeing similar problems with it on other forums as well and as of yet haven't read of anyone stating they fixed it. I went through a huge headache the last build I did trying to integrate into factory and eventually gave up and bought a new head unit. Problem with that besides the cost was the visual indication of a custom system. As a result the head unit was stolen at 2 different hotels over 6 years. I may scrap the build if I can't be sure the integration will be to my satisfaction.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Yea, I am going thru with and hoping for the best, Back up Plan will be the PAC AmpPro

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
never ask crutchfield for tech support on a product, they informed me that it wasnt possible to run 2 jl audio 5 channel amps off of the DSR1 , so i contacted fosgate and they said sure you can use "Y" splitters to the RCAs to run multiple amps

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm seeing better reviews of the pac4, but it has fewer outputs. One of the members is running a masconi dsp and likes it. Have to think someone has a fully sorted dsp system where everything works well. I just haven't heard one. The update for the DSR1 looks like it includes a remedy for the tones and amp popping. Not sure about phone call and radio quality though.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
That is good, hopefully they get the phone and radio working better. If nice out I am free the first weekend in May to install this.
Seems like forever, but sure it will go fast, it always does. I will post up my results. Sure to be an adventure as I am not 12v savvy by any stretch of the imagination .... lol

Trying to figure out the cap size for front 3.5" thinking 33MF/1200 Hz or 47MF/800 Hz ?
I started a thread on this as I am hoping I can get some help if I hit the wall ...... :eek:

http://www.ramforum.com/threads/audio-upgrade-for-2015.117460/