Roll Pan Question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CorDog009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have hit my shin with my own hitch so I know what the feeling is.

:grd:

I can remember the first one I ever hit, it left a lasting impression. Out one night at a pasture party/bonfire when I was 18. Went around behind a guys truck to take a leak and BAM! dropped me and my beer :jester:

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
While a bumper might not help much in a serious collision, in the case (seemingly VERY common in New Mexico) of a bump in the parking lot, you can replace a $300 bumper pretty easy. If you have a welded roll pan, you're looking at serious body work to get you back. And that'd be on your dime.

I love a clean welded roll pan (Grant Kustomz are the best IMO) but I'd never run one on a street driven vehicle.

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
While a bumper might not help much in a serious collision, in the case (seemingly VERY common in New Mexico) of a bump in the parking lot, you can replace a $300 bumper pretty easy. If you have a welded roll pan, you're looking at serious body work to get you back. And that'd be on your dime.

I love a clean welded roll pan (Grant Kustomz are the best IMO) but I'd never run one on a street driven vehicle.

This is why I haven't got a roll pan yet. In the three years I've owned my truck my rear number has accumulated a couple good dings on both corners. The worst one was my fault when backing up a trailer, but the rest I have no clue where they came from.

While I love the look of a roll pan, a bumper is better for my truck as of now.

OP
OP
johnnysart

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Some idiot in a little sports car was so close to my truck today I swear he was going to drive through the bottom of my truck.

I'll probably just wait until I lift it down the road.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Some idiot in a little sports car was so close to my truck today I swear he was going to drive through the bottom of my truck.

I'll probably just wait until I lift it down the road.

I have actually lost sight behind me of those little rice burners. That is one reason I leave my hitch in the receiver. They see that and back the heck off.

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have actually lost sight behind me of those little rice burners. That is one reason I leave my hitch in the receiver. They see that and back the heck off.

That's probably smart. I just need a good lock for my hitch. The jerks in this town would steal it right off my truck in plain daylight.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
That's probably smart. I just need a good lock for my hitch. The jerks in this town would steal it right off my truck in plain daylight.

Reese makes some real good hitch pin locks. I use them myself and unless a perp has several hours to try ad get it off they leave it alone.

OP
OP
johnnysart

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum

I thought about removing mine, but now I'm thinking I'll leave it on.

Thats for sure.

OP
OP
johnnysart

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Another thing I've been wondering do you have to rig up your own lights, the ones that go next to your license plate? Or will my stockers work?

If anybody has some pic's and more info please post up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddo