Rough country quickcal works great!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dmopar74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just gone done using my new quickcal and let me tell you it deff changes shift points, I could immediately tell that the truck now longer lagged in the wrong gear even feathering the throttle as light as I could possibly. Truck is a 16 6.4 3.73 with 35s

FS_Vaprco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you know if using this Quick cal will be evident to the dealer on a 2018 6.4L ... ultimately will they have a problem with using this tool to correct speedometer with larger tires ? I've read that using a tuner and adding a tune in this year will be discovered on the PCM but I'm unsure if using just this for simple speedometer correction will also cause the same problems as adding a tune?

OP
OP
D

Dmopar74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You can convert back to stock by plugging it in and hitting a button

FS_Vaprco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yes I understand but does it show on the PCM to the dealer?

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It shows as “lost power” just like unplugging the battery and won’t affect warranty unless they can prove if directly affected the failed part of something breaks.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
It shouldn't, I did mine and all I did was correct speedo. If they want to search engine tuning by all means, but I sure hope they aren't that critical.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I corrected my with my intune and even after multiple trips to the dealer which included reflashes it didn't revert back and they said nothing.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Phil21502

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So you think this fixes the bogging of the tranny when slowly going around a turn and wanting to re-accelerate without having to stomp it?

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So you think this fixes the bogging of the tranny when slowly going around a turn and wanting to re-accelerate without having to stomp it?
The only thing that fixes that is the new software they came out with. There is a tsb for it.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
What tsb is that? And how do u get it updated if ur custom tuned?
If you have a custom tuned you are screwed. The factory tune that they are based off is the old one. Calling diablosport does nothing. Hemifever said he would look at it to see if he could make some tweaks but I haven't made it that far yet.

FS_Vaprco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tried to use the Quick Cal on 2018 Ram 2500 6.4l and it did not work, said something like, Could not upload data. Up until that point all steps went as described in the instructions and prompts followed, updates on quick cal are current. I unplugged device tried to go through steps again and when plugging back in it now says, return to safe place and hit ok, once I hit ok it says, turn on and hit ok , if I turn ignition on it flashes and then says turn ignition on and hit ok, over and over never getting past this point. Guess I'll call RC tomorrow and see what they have to say

OP
OP
D

Dmopar74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Tried to use the Quick Cal on 2018 Ram 2500 6.4l and it did not work, said something like, Could not upload data. Up until that point all steps went as described in the instructions and prompts followed, updates on quick cal are current. I unplugged device tried to go through steps again and when plugging back in it now says, return to safe place and hit ok, once I hit ok it says, turn on and hit ok , if I turn ignition on it flashes and then says turn ignition on and hit ok, over and over never getting past this point. Guess I'll call RC tomorrow and see what they have to say
You have to turn it to run without pushing the brake if you have pushbutton start

FS_Vaprco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yes, push button twice to get to the start point without starting and foot off brake....firt push is acc and second is run without running....that's how I went through the prompts but still giving me error.....forgot to call them this morning but will tomorrow

FS_Vaprco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
"Update" ; The Rough Country Quick Cal does NOT work on a 18' 2500 gas, spoke to them this morning and they said the new software is an auto writing software and their device does not write to it. Beware if you own a 2018 there is a high likely hood it will not work.

Big K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just gone done using my new quickcal and let me tell you it deff changes shift points, I could immediately tell that the truck now longer lagged in the wrong gear even feathering the throttle as light as I could possibly. Truck is a 16 6.4 3.73 with 35s

I have the exact same setup as you, and after reading this thread I ordered the Quickcal. I went through the install yesterday, and I'm in 100% agreement... the new shift points make this mod worth every $. Night and day difference, and when paired with the Pedal Commander this truck becomes an absolute joy to drive.

Thanks for posting this.

bvincent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
"Update" ; The Rough Country Quick Cal does NOT work on a 18' 2500 gas, spoke to them this morning and they said the new software is an auto writing software and their device does not write to it. Beware if you own a 2018 there is a high likely hood it will not work.

did they say when a new version would be coming out to work with the 2018s?

FS_Vaprco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No, the gentleman I spoke to had no idea, said it was in the works but was not sure how long it would be. They refunded my money because they couldn't guarantee when it would be available .