RPM Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram714

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
Hi guys I have been having a rpm surge upon start up and when I drive they go all over the place I was thinking timing but I am not sure any help would be appreciated Thank you

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Ram714

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
I am also having sluggish performance

MoparWild

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would start with removing the air cleaner tube and looking down the plentum. If you see oil at the bottom your lower plentum gasket is blown. Also check your iac motor and map sensor. they are known to give issues .

OP
OP
R

Ram714

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
I would start with removing the air cleaner tube and looking down the plentum. If you see oil at the bottom your lower plentum gasket is blown. Also check your iac motor and map sensor. they are known to give issues .

I replaced the map and had no change in performance and I have read about the plentum
problems which I feel is a possibility I am trying to fix the cheapest parts first, do you think it could be the TPS and are you talking about the hose that hooks up to the pcv valve?Thanks

MoparWild

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
no i am talking about looking down the throttle body and if you see oil the lower plentum gasket is the issue. it is easy to replace and is problably the cheapest way to go if it is leaking. Normally on a tps issue you will also have a stalling or sometimes a hard to start issue. I would double check the plentum you will probably find your issues there.

OP
OP
R

Ram714

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
no i am talking about looking down the throttle body and if you see oil the lower plentum gasket is the issue. it is easy to replace and is problably the cheapest way to go if it is leaking. Normally on a tps issue you will also have a stalling or sometimes a hard to start issue. I would double check the plentum you will probably find your issues there.

Ok I will check the plentum and then post the results Thank you for all your help with this MoparWild I really do appreciate it.