RT or not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ok here we go
I bought a used 2001 Dodge Ram 1500
It was sold to me from a used car dealer as a RT but from what understand they didn’t make a 4x4 RT
The dealer ran the vin and said it is just a SLT
It has what looks like a factory 3inch lift 17 inch wheels and has RT off road on tailgate and RT on the doors
So what do I have
A SLT,sport,off-road,or RT

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
More than once I've seen someone put badges on a vehicle to make it seem something it wasn't. My favorite was the dealer trying to sell a 99 Dakota V6 as an R/T. It was a decent truck, but they insisted it was an R/T and wanted that price for it, so I passed. Couple months later, that place was out of business.

2016Bighorny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They didn't make a Ram 1500 R/T until 2009!!... they made Dakota and Durango R/T back then, and earlier. But NOT a Ram!

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
^^that. No such thing. Also no such thing as factory 3" lift.

Post pics of it. Primarily front differential and wheels. There was an offroad package with 2" lift and special 17" wheels but considering they're calling it an R/T i find it hard to believe it's an ORE. Front diff is biggest giveaway