Rust Check ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pugfug

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We've used Rust Check for years...I can tell you from personal experience that it works like no other. It costs a bit more, but if you are planning on keeping your rig for the long haul, there is nothing that compares to it. Shop around for the best deal...it may be worth your time to travel outside of Bangor for a better price...but you won't be disappointed.

7thday

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had my RAM done with a Canadian product called "Corrosion Free" , so far it seems very good and doesn't wash off. Years ago I had a Dodge conversion van rustproofed by Auto Armor, stuff was worthless and so was their warranty.

Ramman2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I do my own as I am a mechanic. We use a product at work called ProForm amber oil based undercoat (or something like that). It works incredible. I had my 2014 sport sprayed and not one spot showed up with 4 winters of year round use in Nova Scotia (we have salty moist air even in summer and the salt the hell out of the roads). I did the same application on my 2017 copperhead sport last month. I pull the inner fenders, drill the doors and rockers and do inside every hole I can for the tailgate and box, floor supports, frame etc. I usually do the bottom every fall and the doors etc every second. My wife had a 2007 Mazda 3 we got new and I did the same to that and my
Mother in law is still driving it not one rust bubble anywhere (and they are Rot boxs).

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rust Check & Krown are very similar products and are both highly regarded.

Corrosion Free is similar but is more gel like so doesn't drip nearly as much but may not creep into panels as much as Rust Check & Krown.

I've used all three at one time or another and am currently preferring Corrosion Free.

WAB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 12V
I’ve done bodywork in Vermont for 40 years. Many rusty vehicles. Basically, if u don’t get the protection in the areas needed, nothing works. Oil undercoating is popular in our area on vehicles four or five years old, or older. New vehicles are usually done by the dealers. Usually those situations don’t get into areas needed, like rocker panels, quarter panels, etc. on my vehicles, I use a wax based product by 3M or Sem, and use a wand to get into tight areas. If u get it where it’s needed, it works, but u need to do it periodically. Also, u can’t substitute for keeping a car as clean as possible. Sometimes hard in Winter, but it is important. Every Spring I crawl under my truck and hose out the wheel arches, rocker panels, cab corners, etc, to get all the sand and salt out of those area from Winter. You vehicle will last longer if u do this! I see trucks that need rocker panels, and box sides in five years if not kept clean and undercoated “well”. You can have undercoated, but if not done well, it’s wasted money. I see it every day. A squirt here, a squirt there. That’s not going to help anyone, but unfortunately you may never know until it’s to late. If u can’t do it yourself, go to someone you trust! There is a lot on the line. Vehicles aren’t cheap.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Thanks for all the great info ! I may have a excuse to go fishing in Canada and get the truck done as well :)\

aheeejd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I live in NH. White salty roads in winter. I take my 03 Ram Quadcab to a guy in Loudon NH every year around November & he uses a heated bar oil (I think, not positive) mixture & sprays away. Drills holes where its needed & puts plugs in the holes. He charges around $150. Took my wife's 2016 Honda CRV to him & he charged me $170 cause it was first time for that vehicle. Extra cause he had to drill. Next year cause both vehicles have been drilled they will both be $150.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

17crewram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had my new Ram sprayed by ProFleet. Basically like Krown. Only one place in Iowa that has something like this. I was looking into somethong like this over traditional rust proofing. Turned out to be a friend of mine and is 2 minutes away. He pulls out lights, uses wands to get behind panels, drilled holes to get to other places. Then sprays the underside with a slimy version of the same oil. The truck dripped for 3 days. $160 once a year. There is no guarantee tho. But the rust proofing the dealer tried selling me was good for 10 years and only one repair. Funny part was initial price was $999.00 and after I said no, "how about $499.99". Again, no.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

valvestem

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
FYI there is a Rust Check place in Portland Maine now. They are doing a load of municipal vehicles like fire and emergency vehicles too.