S&B cai question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok so just got an email from
S&B and amerihood
As long as the air box sits where the factory box sits the hood should work
I am gonna order the cai soon and hopefully the hood not far from now
Talked to a body shop to have it all painted and installed at one time and place
Gonna be awhile yet but I'll post it up when it's done
Thanks y'all for your inputs
Mike

Cost of paint and bodywork?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had bushwhacker Painted and installed along with hood prepped painted and installed for 1000 .... then sold stock plain hood to junk yard for$100. . Didn’t want to store it.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is the video. Step by Step:

Op - you have a 2500 6.4
If the hood doesn’t seal to the box you will just be sucking in hot air. I looked really heavily at this and the best scenerio I came up with was the K&N kit with a better filter such as a dry one from Afe or S&b. If the K&N doesn’t seal 100% at least it is a straight edge and you can modify something as simple as a pool noodle to slip over the straight edge and fill the gap. Trying to seal the top of the Afe or the S&b to the hood would prove difficult. Keep doing research before you pull the trigger. Keep us posted.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sub'd. Just installed S&B on my 1500, and this hood is really growing on me.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Op - you have a 2500 6.4
If the hood doesn’t seal to the box you will just be sucking in hot air. I looked really heavily at this and the best scenerio I came up with was the K&N kit with a better filter such as a dry one from Afe or S&b. If the K&N doesn’t seal 100% at least it is a straight edge and you can modify something as simple as a pool noodle to slip over the straight edge and fill the gap. Trying to seal the top of the Afe or the S&b to the hood would prove difficult. Keep doing research before you pull the trigger. Keep us posted.
Easy fix to make it seal-Build up the rubber seal until it meets the bottom of the hood. Steele Rubber has the rubber seal to add and super glue welds alcohol cleaned rubber together. That's how I built my seal up to meet the bottom of my hood and now you can see a seal line going all the way around the edge of the AirGrabber to the bottom of the hood.
The problem with K&N is it's just a partition box and has too many gaps to fill to make it seal.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMG_20150622_122249_738.jpg Note how the bottom of the hood makes indentations into the seal.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@BEAST19, curious how your vararam is functioning with that hood? It looks like the air tunnel comes over to pull from the stock airbox location. Did you mod it somehow? Or, am I over thinking this?...Also, Carid.com has this hood for 567 shipped right now for anybody interested.

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Correct . It does channel the air to the stock intake position ... HoWEVeR , there's a plate you can remove that plate and it allows the scoop to directly feed the vararam . In the winter I put the plate in place just to keep the engine bay a little cleaner.