S&B intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Just installed the s&b intake on my 2018 pw. Very nice intake and it does fit the 2018 even thou s&b says its for up to 2017. Kinda a pain in the butt to install but looks and fits perfect. No performance data yet but will keep you all posted on that.

OP
OP
Sdreeser

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Yes it' the 6.4L. Have only taken it around block so far. Feels like it has better throttle response but I will let u all know more as I drive it more

OP
OP
Sdreeser

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
How did ur install go on 2016? The biggest pain was getting that front wheel liner out!!!

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Threads suck without pictures (lol), nice going though. That's what the guy I bought my Vararam system from went with and it sure looks and fits nice. Very well made too. Great color choice on your truck to go with by the way.

OP
OP
Sdreeser

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Thanks, I know was rushing to get it done last night before running out of daylight. I will post some pics soon.

OP
OP
Sdreeser

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
So what I've noticed so far, engine is slightly louder. Seems to be more responsive and a bit faster on acceleration. As far as mpg goes not sure yet will see over time

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
maybe a very slight performance improvement maybe a placebo effect

a little louder

I just dropped my liner enough to get my arm in there, didn't completely remove it, the install went very smoothly, I made sure to read the directions first...yes it helped LOL!

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Just installed the s&b intake on my 2018 pw. Very nice intake and it does fit the 2018 even thou s&b says its for up to 2017. Kinda a pain in the butt to install but looks and fits perfect. No performance data yet but will keep you all posted on that.
Your truck is bad ass. I wanted the S&B and was going to get one. But I found a K&N on here for 180 so I picked it up only had 3000 miles. I had K&N on my 11 and liked it. Keep us updated might still get the S&B. Same thing from the K&N though more rumble slight throttle response no MPG change.

OP
OP
Sdreeser

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Photos are coming sorry been busy week. Yea I figured he just put it in there as a mistake. There is no 4.6 hemi. Lol

Towjam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Any reason you went with the S&B? My buddy has one on his 14 PW and loves it. I'm thinking of going with the AFE Momentum GT Pro-GUARD 7 for something different. I installed a pedal commander yesterday and all I can say is wow.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Photos are coming sorry been busy week. Yea I figured he just put it in there as a mistake. There is no 4.6 hemi. Lol
As a young kid I remember that my Dad owned a two tone yellow and black 1955 Dodge Custom Royal which was factory equipped with a 4.4L "SUPER RED RAM" Hemi. Close in size to the nonexistent 4.6L Hemi, but definitely not the 6.4L Hemi in my Power Wagon. He complained about the law in our town pulling us over just to hassle him due to that little Hemi was quite powerful for its time.

Last edited:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any reason you went with the S&B? My buddy has one on his 14 PW and loves it. I'm thinking of going with the AFE Momentum GT Pro-GUARD 7 for something different. I installed a pedal commander yesterday and all I can say is wow.

S&B and the AFE intakes are both awesome. Great design, flow, and filtration. Let us know if we can quote you with your forum discount!

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Welcome to the S&B Brotherhood.:Wedgie: Initiation complete. :dogpile:

Last edited: