S&B intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sdreeser

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
S&B and the AFE intakes are both awesome. Great design, flow, and filtration. Let us know if we can quote you with your forum discount!
Yes u can quote me. I have always had afe intakes prob about 8 or more and they are very good intakes. Just went with s&b for something different and it is also a well built and very nice intake.

Towjam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I'll take a quote as well but have a question. AFE offers three different types of the Momentum Intakes. The DRY S,
PRO 5R and the PRO Guard 7. The AFE website doesn't really clarify the difference or pros and cons etc. Is an oiled filter better than a dry filter? I figured the PRO Guard 7 was the best because in Kalifornia.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone that wants a quote please message me with what your are looking for, vehicle info, and shipping zip code. I will gladly quote what ever you are looking for!

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I would go with the Dry Filter. Less chance of oil contamination for sensor.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Do those cold air intakes void the warranty or not?
xxxxxxxxx
No. In U.S. its called the Magnusson-Moss Act. Dealer/mfgr has to PROVE an aftermarket part was the proximate cause of a failure in order to deny warranty repair.

Of course, some are still stupid/arrogant enough to try, but all a CAI does is free up the airflow to the engine.
As long as you have a properly installed filter, what can the dealer claim you did to break something?

Heck, MOPAR sells a CAI for dealers to install.

But, if you are in Corruptifornia, good luck finding a Corruptifornia Air Resources Board [(CARB)-- see **** Germany] approved CAI for anything newer than about 2007.

RamFarmer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just installed an s&b CAI and it sounds incredible! The truck sounds mean as hell in the cab when you put it above 3000 rpm. Also not sure on throttle response.. It felt good before, and feels very good now but I never timed it or anything so I'm wondering if its just my head wanting it to be more responsive.

I'm not expecting a fuel mileage gain, but ill watch for it anyways.

Install was a pain in the ass and took longer then expected. I wish it was easier to remove the wheel fender, I only moved it as much as I could and it was the reason the install went longer.

So far I am happy with the sound and performance and hope it only gets better from here. This is the first of many money sucking ideas I have!

OP
OP
Sdreeser

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I agree install sucked, pain in the ass. But end result is awesome

RamFarmer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Little update on my intake.

Fuel Mileage(not that i care but still), I haven't noticed any improvement. If anything I feel it almost got worse, or i just am heavier on the gas now so i can hear how good it sounds...

One question I have for the guys who have installed them also. The large round rubber seal that goes around the air tube to keep warm air from getting in.. Mine keeps coming off and sliding down the air tube. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it, or did anyone put something(glue) on it to make it stick to the air box and stop from coming off?

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Sdreeser

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I haven't noticed any problem with that. Maybe I should check it. Lol

RamFarmer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I contacted S&B and was told that my seal was faulty. they are sending out a new one that will fit much tighter free of cost. customer service was quick and very friendly. hoping to have the part early next week.

2001ws6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
I agree install sucked, pain in the ass. But end result is awesome

Just installed mine.. It did suck but wasn't too bad. Im real happy with the looks and sound.