Intakes at Got Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
At Got Exhaust we offer S&B Intake for your RAM. We offer them for most years and models. For several engines, EcoDiesel, 6.7 Cummins, 5.7 Hemi, and now even for the 6.4 Hemi! You have the option of dry extendable or oiled filter. S&B puts out a quality product that efficiently cleans the air while delivering more air to your motor at a lower price point than most its competitors. S&B has a closed design filter housing that grabs air from inside the fender where the cooler air is.

The RAM 2500/3500 with 6.4 Hemi intake 75-5087(D) has just been released!
75-5087_0004_pdp.jpg

Notes on the 6.4 intake
-Airflow Rating 37.28% more airflow than the stock intake
-Efficiency Rating 99.31% efficient @ 508 CFM (ISO Coarse Dust)

-has a huge airbox and filter that is highly efficient and improves airflow by over 35% over the stock intake.

-The 6.4L HEMI intake offers an optional air box plug that can be interchanged depending on your airflow requirements.

-Every piece of hardware is of the highest quality and the tube seal, coupler, and box plug are made with a premium silicone rubber. Our silicone offers exceptional tear strength and can handle temps as high as 400F degrees.

-The injection molded MAP sensor pad and block off plate ensure a secure high tolerance seal

-Aluminum CNC lathed crankcase breather connection ensures perfect snap-on fitment.

-The innovative fitment of the 6.4 Hemi intake mounts perfectly to the stock frame, allowing us to increase the airbox by over 30%. The air tube is positioned in one clean line with minimum obstructions from the throttle body to the airbox and a new snorkel was designed to maximize airflow.

PM me for special forum pricing!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For the 5.7 Hemi here are some notes on it

75-5106_0003_callout.jpg

-Airflow Rating 41.28% more airflow than the stock intake

-Efficiency Rating 99.30% efficient @ 451 CFM (ISO Coarse Dust)

-intake kit for the 2009-2017 Dodge Ram Hemi has a huge airbox and filter that is highly efficient and improves airflow by over 40% over the stock intake.

-The 75-5106 offers an optional air box plug that can be interchanged depending on your airflow requirements

-The tube seal, coupler, and box plug are made with a premium silicone rubber that has exceptional tear strength and can handle temps as high as 400F degrees.

-This Dodge Ram Hemi kit takes advantage of our latest materials and design that allows for better airflow and protects your engine. With our highly regarded instructions, you'll be breathing easy in less than 90 mins.

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For the EcoDiesel

75-5074-install-high-res.jpg

-Airflow Rating Improves Airflow versus Stock by: 22%

-Efficiency Rating 99.51% Efficient @ 334 CFM (ISO Coarse Dust)

-Silicone's elasticity allows for a superior seal on the intake tube. With no oily residue, the filter won't slide off the tube or require you to wash your hands. Our Silicone filters and couplers can endure temperatures up to 400F without cracking and boasts high tear strength.

-Our huge intake scoop engulfs more cold air. The cooler the air, the greater the density, resulting in better performance.

-Our Signature clear S&B lid now features a rubber trim that ensures a perfect seal.

-Metal brackets allow for easy installation of the new air box by using the OEM air box mounting locations.

-Designed with a secondary inlet, further resulting in even better airflow. A silicone plug is included for those who prefer to pull in air only from the fender inlet.

-Our intake tubes are designed for smooth air flow and less restriction.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
S&B on a 07 1500 5.7 [emoji41] fitment was outstanding. Nothing but good things to say about my S&B ba2d16bed6fc80b19a0d1a1876403bd4.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For the 6.7 Cummins

75-5068_0005_callout.jpg

-Airflow Rating 54.60% more airflow than the stock intake

-Efficiency Rating 99.55% Efficient @ 580 CFM (ISO Coarse Dust)

-With the front inlet sealed, our intake will only draw air from the wheel well inlet in normal driving or inclement weather conditions to protect against the elements (ice, snow, rain).

-In extreme heat, high loads, or high altitudes the swing gate pivots when your truck accelerates to full throttle, opening the ram-air duct mounted behind the front grille and exposing cooler and less restrictive air to your engine.
Patent Pending

-Unlike stock which uses only one inlet at a time, our kit gives you the option of massive dual inlet airflow. Simply remove the dam from the gate arm and re-attach when desired or to protect against inclement weather.

Note: The gate arm remains active even with the dam removed. This will prevent you from getting an Active Air Box code when both inlets are open. Dam MUST be used in harsh weather conditions including but not limited to rain, sleet, or snow as engine damage can occur. S&B is not responsible for engine damage due to failure to use the dam as instructed.

-Silicone is a premium rubber which will seal better and last longer. It handles as much as 400° F without cracking or tearing. With a high friction surface and no oily residue, our silicone filters and couplers won't slide off the tube or require you to wash your hands

-The full round inlet radius provides for a smooth transition while allowing for a larger filter with more surface area. The result is better airflow and filtration.
Patent Pending

-A mountain of dust and our 1/2 million dollar lab is how far we've gone to make sure your engine is protected. View our test results above to see how we outperform the stock intake.

duckyone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For the 5.7 Hemi here are some notes on it

75-5106_0003_callout.jpg

-The 75-5106 offers an optional air box plug that can be interchanged depending on your airflow requirements

If the plug is not in, does it bring air in from the engine bay (defeating the purpose of being a sealed CAI)?

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If the plug is not in, does it bring air in from the engine bay (defeating the purpose of being a sealed CAI)?

Yes but that is why its an option to have it open or closed and enables someone to fab a secondary way to bring in air if they wanted to route a new tube or hose in. Also once you get moving its mostly fresh air and not heat saturated air. there is enough fresh air blowing in that if you were doing mostly highway miles i could see it being a benefit but if you were in the city it would be mostly hot air coming in

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The new plug design is on the passenger side of the box tucked up against the fender. The opening is pulling air in from around the fender where air is coming through from outside. The hole isnt on the motor side.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
On the older version the plug is very low, down near the tow hooks and intended for a snorkel--so not going to get much heat with that open. I understand the new model is different, but can't see S&B defeating their design investment to suck hot air.

duckyone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On the older version the plug is very low, down near the tow hooks and intended for a snorkel--so not going to get much heat with that open. I understand the new model is different, but can't see S&B defeating their design investment to suck hot air.

Me neither. I did look on the site to see if there was any data to compare from their testing. I saw only the new version numbers, but none from the old design. It sounds like the new design is probably better all around. I do a mix of city and hwy, so I guess I should keep the plug in??

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Me neither. I did look on the site to see if there was any data to compare from their testing. I saw only the new version numbers, but none from the old design. It sounds like the new design is probably better all around. I do a mix of city and hwy, so I guess I should keep the plug in??

My thought would be to keep it plugged but it wouldnt hurt to test out both ways and see if there is any noticeable difference

duckyone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Official reply from S&B (great customer service FYI):

“Brandon Camacho (S&B Filters)
Nov 28, 10:37 AM PST

The Updated 75-5106 cold air intake kit now combines 3 kits (75-5064, 75-5066, & 75-5078) that covered the 2009-2017 Dodge Ram 5.7L Hemi applications all into one kit. The previous kits improvement in air flow was around 30% so the updated 75-5106 allows you to gain even more air flow over the discontinued versions with the optional plug open. I understand your perspective of the optional inlet allowing more engine heat, however if you look at the installation instructions for this kit, you will notice that with the side plug removed you can see directly into the fender area which is where the front inlet is also pulling the air from. We remove the OE air box mounting bracket so our air box is belted directly to the fender. The air box is blocking the engine heat since it is on the opposite side of the plug. I personally recommend trying both configurations to see which one you prefer. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks again for your interest and have a great day.”

All in all, a great upgrade IMHO. I will be purchasing one.

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Official reply from S&B (great customer service FYI):

“Brandon Camacho (S&B Filters)
Nov 28, 10:37 AM PST

The Updated 75-5106 cold air intake kit now combines 3 kits (75-5064, 75-5066, & 75-5078) that covered the 2009-2017 Dodge Ram 5.7L Hemi applications all into one kit. The previous kits improvement in air flow was around 30% so the updated 75-5106 allows you to gain even more air flow over the discontinued versions with the optional plug open. I understand your perspective of the optional inlet allowing more engine heat, however if you look at the installation instructions for this kit, you will notice that with the side plug removed you can see directly into the fender area which is where the front inlet is also pulling the air from. We remove the OE air box mounting bracket so our air box is belted directly to the fender. The air box is blocking the engine heat since it is on the opposite side of the plug. I personally recommend trying both configurations to see which one you prefer. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks again for your interest and have a great day.”

All in all, a great upgrade IMHO. I will be purchasing one.

Thank you for sharing the detailed explanation from the S&B rep