Saw one today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I do not like the tail lights. I think they’re trying to copy Ford

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 6.4L

Ledawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I seen one today in person. I really thought people were being a little harsh. I have to agree with the haters. I won’t say I hate it but I think the 18’s are better
Looking.

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do not like the tail lights. I think they’re trying to copy Ford

I like the taillights, but I 100% agree they are trying to copy Ford. I thought the same thing. Problem is with so many new cars a big part of the taillight is the blind spot monitoring, so they draw the brake light around it. In the new Jeep Wrangler, they just stuck this black box thing next to the light lol.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's just ok in my book. Saw one around my area, and I do like how much more room the crew cabs are, but man, I bet it's not fun to try and park it now that it's a couple inches wider, and longer. Beware of extra dings and door scratches.

Former owner of a 2012 Ram 1500...and future owner of a Ram 1500

Ramjet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think Ram did an outstanding job updating the 5th generation while maintaining the bloodline. If you squint you see hints of gen 1 from the front and rear. Especially the grill and tail lights.

johnts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

DodgeDude99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I think Ram did an outstanding job updating the 5th generation while maintaining the bloodline. If you squint you see hints of gen 1 from the front and rear. Especially the grill and tail lights.

I have a headache from squinting.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I usually like chrome but I think on the 5th I like body color better. I didn’t like the 4th gen Rebel that much but I like it much more on the 5th some reason.

Uaintlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I really didn't think they would have one, but to my surprise, there was a 2019 Ram at the show.
No price info, but I checked it all out.
I really like the big screen and big glass roof!
I'd love to get one and lay it out on 26s like my current Ram!

2019ram1.JPG

2019ram2.JPG

2019ram3.JPG

2019ram4.JPG

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Rebel looks really good other than the red accent interior. Hope they offer straight black. Best looking front end IMO. Otherwise the truck seems a bit more bland or neutral in styling.

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
supposedly they are going to be offering an all black interior as an option.

Ramjet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Saw my first new Ram todayon the street. It looks even more Ram in person. Nice truck.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Saw a 19 today while passing a dealers lot. If I was in the market for a new truck I'd give it a closer look.

Georgiasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was at my dealer today and got to fully check out a 19'. A few things really stood out to me.

The center console is BIG! It could double as a bassinet for a baby if the sliding part was removed!!!!

The new design of the shift knob is nice and positioned better along with the start button.

IT HAS A DEDICATED SUNGLASS HOLDER!!!!!!

The tailgate can be be remotely opened from inside the cab!!!!!!!

It has a fully flat floor in the back seat area.

It has bigger floor storage bins in the back.

The rear seats recline (the lower cusion slides forward angling the back cushion). Very comfy for long rides.

The gas cap is flush. You push in slightly to open.

This one the model I saw didn't have the panoramic moon roof or 12" display. That was a bummer.

There are USB and power ports all over the place!

The one thing I still don't like is the nose. The area below the headlights is to big and the chrome/separate strip above the headlights running below the along the entire hood is unneccesary. That should have been metal and part of the hood. Looks silly.

The Hemi 5.7 emblem on the side of the hood looks assinine. It is inlaid, so no just taking it off like before if you wanted!!!!

They have made some great improvements, but some choices they made make me scratch my head.

Reactions: JB1

Cmsharp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Interior is the best no doubt.
Love the look of the rebel.
For the other trim levels, not too impressed with the front end.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I'll admit it. I've been a hater of the new truck. I just couldn't get over the Camaro looking headlights. Then I finally saw one for real today. Sat in it, crawled around inside it, blah blah blah. Gotta tell ya. I don't hate it anymore. I kinda want one now :)

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Haha that’s what I’ve been saying all along. All these keyboard warriors have been slamming it since it showed up, but never saw it in person. Soon as they start hitting the roads I’m sure the GENERAL consensus is gonna swing the other way. Sure there’s gonna be a lot of people that will stick with their opinion it sucks. I got a chance to test drive one and it was pretty sweet. Soon people will start getting some builds going and customizing it, and will make them look even better

I Bleed Ram Trucks

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I took a closer look at one but didn't get to sit inside.

What irked me is the body line down the vertical center of each side. Where it meets the truck bed it actually looks like the truck got hit and drove the front of the bed inwards because it isn't flush with the doors. Maybe it was obvious because it was a black truck, but I didn't like it for sure.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk