Seat adjustment for wife

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeke83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought a 2016 big horn with power seats but not adjustable pedals. My wife did not bother test driving it because our 3rd gen with power seats was fine for her. So when she drove this for the first time, the seat did not move far enough forward. She can reach the pedals but her legs are stretched out. I’m at least 6’2” with work boots, and I can drive it no problem with the seat all the way forward. In my 3rd gen, I cant even get in the truck with the seat all the way forward.

Is there any thing I can do to fix the problem?

Thanks

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Seems that it will probably take either adding that option to the truck or modifying the seat track rail to let the seat come forward a bit more.

One thing my wife did with my old Silverado 3500 was use a large pillow between her and the seat back as she had the same problem.

OP
OP
Z

Zeke83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks Maddog but my wife will be driving this too much for the pillow trick. Can anyone give me some measurements with the seat all the way forward? Maybe a distance from the steering wheel to the seat back?

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
Thanks Maddog but my wife will be driving this too much for the pillow trick. Can anyone give me some measurements with the seat all the way forward? Maybe a distance from the steering wheel to the seat back?

Don’t they make “blocks” for the pedals to bring them closer to the driver?

OP
OP
Z

Zeke83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just measured with a tape, and it only moves 4” while the passenger moves 10”

OP
OP
Z

Zeke83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the help but I found the problem. The top rail was making contact with a part on the bottom rail. I used a screw driver to pry on it. It still hits but makes it by