Seat Belts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
I have an issue with both of my seat belts, they simply dont retract anymore. The belt is not twisted, and they hold tight once they are on, but when they are loose they dont retract. This becomes more of an issue whrn you go to close the doors as sometimes if you are not carefull the buckle will get jammed in the door. Normally I am carefull but when someone is riding with me (like today) they shut the door not knowing where the buckle is and I cringe.

So is there an easy fix for this or do I need to get some new belts?

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Not much help. But I know my 06 did this, and I'd have to manually push them back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
go down to where the mechanism is and spray is with some lubricant and a fix. I bet that will work or least better than replacing it.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They have to be replaced. Check with ***, maybe he can pull an old set for you.

TheSatinPumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7L
Same thing has been happening to me over the last year or so buts only the drivers side. I am going to replace it sooner cause it does get annoying when the door closes with the belt hanging out esp' with shaved doors.

Going to check with *** first too.

OP
OP
T

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Yeah I figured they would propbably have to be replaced. Just annoying cause they have both started doinbg it and I have no clue why they all of a suddent started doing it.

OP
OP
T

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Got a replacement set of belts. Anyone have a diagram or install instructions on how these things go in?

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i havent actually gotten down into the rams seatbelt system... but i can tell you to be careful with the mechanism. a lot of times the pre-tensioners are a one time fire kind of deal, similar to an airbag. i have learned that during the process of cutting up numerous cars for training.

got any pics of what it looks like?

OP
OP
T

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
i havent actually gotten down into the rams seatbelt system... but i can tell you to be careful with the mechanism. a lot of times the pre-tensioners are a one time fire kind of deal, similar to an airbag. i have learned that during the process of cutting up numerous cars for training.

got any pics of what it looks like?

I'll grab some pics tomorrow when I get home frm work. The mechanism seems to work alright though on the replacements as they retract and lock up when the tumbler is tripped. Also have the port for the air bag to plug in as well.