seized engine flywheel problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edgaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i have a 2006 ram laramie 5.7 hemi 4x4

i seized my engine and im going to rebuild the engine. something broke inside like a piston i know that because i found big broken metal pieces inside the oil pan. the engine is ready to be taken out ive disconnected everything im just missing the four bolts that are on the flywheel and thats my problem. because the engine is seized it wont turn and my fly wheel wont turn either. i can only get to one bolt at a time and to get to the others it has to turn.

has anyone faced this problem? can anyone give me some advice. do i force the flywheel to turn by applying alot of pressure? or will that cause a bigger problem? is there another way to take off the 3 bolts i cant get to?

thanks

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Wow that sucks. About the only way I know to remove the bolts would be turning the engine over to access each one. I doubt you will mess up anything by turning it over by hand. Best way to do it is get a big breaker bar and a socket and turn it with the harmonic balanced bolt. If it feels like it’s dead stopped against something try turning it the other way.

I Bleed Ram Trucks

alittlerusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Did u pull all the spark plugs?u could still be fighting compression. With the oil pan off u might be able to unbolt the connecting rods from the crank