Seriously, HOW DO I EFFECTIVELY REMOVE THIS KIND OF CRAP!?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Drunken Hamster

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
The spray can 3m made it easier to scrape off with a plastic chisel, but didn't remove it totally and was still frustrating.

I bought the wheel but don't know how to attach it to my cordless drill....

e3e14ffc1e019fd5f78e1af9992264a8.jpg

I've never had much luck with GooGone on trim adhesive.

I get most of it off with the 3M Adhesive remover. Then I get out the eraser wheel. If you see a dirt line remaining it will probably require some light rubbing compound and a buffer to get it out of the clearcoat.

Sent from my magic 5-inch

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You need a screw on drill chuck arbor for that one. The place that sold it to you probably has them in stock.

DodgeDude99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My dad worked as a body man for 30 years at the USPS, he swears by an orange/citrus based cleaner for glue removal.

Joshwaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 CC 4x4 Laramie AirRide
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Let some Naptha soak on it and it will turn to goo. Just make sure to put some wax/selant/coating back on afterward.

OP
OP
Drunken Hamster

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
I already got it off. There's just a slight visible residue when dry, now, and that's really just in the window guards. Hoping a buff-polish will take care of it when I get back around to doing that project...

Googone didn't remove the residue. It helped with the residual stuff that I could feel, but I had to use so much pressure with my thumb in a microfiber towel, that it hurt. Goof off was similar way back when I did my debadge, but less effective, I believe.

3m remover spray didn't do much do the bulk of it. Haven't tried turtle wax sticker remover. Gas made it squishy and spongy/rubbery with less stickiness to the touch, but didn't REALLY help removal, either. Haven't tried Naptha. Never heard of it, either.

The 3m adhesive remover WHEEL got the bulk off, and most of the residual stuff you could feel. It was by far the best product.

Either way, the truck sans door spears, debadged, and clean looks great. Especially when you don't notice the embedded residue from the window guard removal.

Now all I have to do is replace the drivers door, the whole bed and tailgate, and get it repainted. Then it'll be perfect, lol.

patrickthums

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 v6
I used the turtle wax brand remover worked well on removing glue from bedrail caps. The key is to use a plastic putty knife. Plastic isn't hard enough to ruin paint. Must be plastic. Did I mention plastic.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Or just take the drill chuck and tighten it down on the shaft... either way will work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats exactly what i do with mine...

and then wipe with gasoline or paint thinner when done to get any residue off, then polish and wax, and she looks good as new

Buzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7 pullin the War Wagon
I used acetone. Then light buff with car wax.

14RAM1500BG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I removed a glued on weatherstrip with zero damage with WD40. Took a while to get it all off but if you spray enough it softens the glue and it will rub off. Just takes time.

Bouncer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Try Charcoal lighter fluid, squirt a bit on and let it soak then use PLASTIC razor blades and scrape it off, Worked great on the glue and crap on my 5th wheel trailers decals and glue.

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For the love of all that's holy, he said he got it!
7019c2f2f6a53f9e43f296c632b7d24d.gif

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Drunken Hamster

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
For the love of all that's holy, he said he got it!
7019c2f2f6a53f9e43f296c632b7d24d.gif

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It's all good. Let the info spread. There's still that residue above my windows to take care of. Though, I'm thinking the buffer will need to be taken to that...