seventh recall and counting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have received seven recalls now on my 2014 HD. All have been taken care of except for the most important one, the front frame bracket recall which is a serious safety concern. Anyone else experience these problems?

mtu1293

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
frame bracket? THe track bar mount one, or something different. The only one they had to physically do something with all the recalls on mine was the oil filter adaptor.

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Only 1 on my 15. Haven't taken care of it, too busy driving it around with a BIG smile on my face. They are annoying, but its good that they found these issues early and are correcting them.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've had some on my 2014 but honestly don't even know how many. The dealer just takes care of them at oil changes. Recalls these days aren't really what they use to be. A lot of it is software and computer stuff.

I think any brand of vehicle you get these days is going to be similar.

OP
OP
sandawilliams

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
frame bracket? THe track bar mount one, or something different. The only one they had to physically do something with all the recalls on mine was the oil filter adaptor.

On my 2014 they have had to repair the air bag system, repair a wiring harness in the steering column, 4 separate re-programming recalls, and a frame bracket that may crack/ be cracked- (still not fixed).
I haven't heard about the oil filter adaptor recall yet. Do you recall the number?

River19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I have received seven recalls now on my 2014 HD. All have been taken care of except for the most important one, the front frame bracket recall which is a serious safety concern. Anyone else experience these problems?

Had all the recalls done 3 weeks ago.....this track bar bracket is a non-issue really....they inspect it and if it is fine they leave it alone. Dealer said they haven't had to replace one yet.

The rest of the recalls were all software related etc........

No muss no fuss.....same day service, no concerns here.

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Had all the recalls done 3 weeks ago.....this track bar bracket is a non-issue really....they inspect it and if it is fine they leave it alone. Dealer said they haven't had to replace one yet.

The rest of the recalls were all software related etc........

No muss no fuss.....same day service, no concerns here.

I've had them done at oil changes. Most have been software updates, and no big deal. I did have the chafed wiring harness in the column that took a little longer, but still taken care of at an oil change.

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I had 7 within 2 months on my 14 but only 4 of'em applied to my truck, 3 was tookin care of and the other one the lady said Chrysler aint found a solution for it yet that was about 3 weeks ago

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
My is the track bar and they haven't address the issue yet.

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
Had mine in for the inspection of the track bar bracket a couple of weeks ago.

Everything was good to go, nothing further required. I was in and out in 20 minutes

Lethalweapon100

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.9 Magnum
I've had some on my 2014 but honestly don't even know how many. The dealer just takes care of them at oil changes. Recalls these days aren't really what they use to be. A lot of it is software and computer stuff.

I think any brand of vehicle you get these days is going to be similar.
I work at a dodge dealership, 99% of recalls is plug in to the computer and press a button to fix.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

ForceofWill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Trades
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I get the letters, think I have 5-6 of them now but I haven't taken it in since I'm not having any problems with mine.

I inspected the track bar bracket on mine and it seems fine so I'm not too worried about that one.

OP
OP
sandawilliams

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I work at a dodge dealership, 99% of recalls is plug in to the computer and press a button to fix.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Four of mine have been computer related.
One has been for the occupant restraint system.
One has been for the wiring harness in the steering column.
One is for the front suspension bracket. (still not addressed but appointment made)