Shark fin antenna damage...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billyw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did a search and saw a few posts about this antenna, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

The garage door was inadvertently left a couple inches lower than normal, and of course I backed into it. The door will have to be replaced, but the antenna appears to be in good shape except that there is now a small gap between it and the roof sheet metal. The gap is small enough that I could live with it, if I knew that there would be no leaking. Does anyone know specifically how that sucker is sealed?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The few references Ive seen say there is a gasket that goes around the base. And at best a lot of them are "barely tight" against the roof, some are loose even from day 1.

If it were me, Id try to release some of the headliner so I could loosen the mounting screws/bolts, then lift the antenna up enough to get a bead of silicone around where it sits on the roof, then tighten the whole thing back up and let it set.