Shark find antenna delete?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigHornDan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Out of curiosity, has anyone deleted the shark find antenna from there trucks? I don't listen to satellite radio, and want to remove it so I'll still be able to get the truck in the garage after its lifted.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The shark fin is for the GPS and everything other than satellite radio. The flat antenna is just satellite. I'm not sure if it will work with the gps but it is most likely the same plug. I don't have an 8.4 so I can't verify it for you.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆EDIT ☆☆☆☆☆☆

The flat puck style antenna has one plug for GPS & SXM Satellite radio , the shark fin has two one for your radios factory air card for 911/ Assist & paid for uconnect app features and one for sxm sat radio .

You can remove it , but you'll need to install a 911 delete plug on the back of your radio ( purple plug ) or you'll get a service your phone message when you start the truck . Not too bad , the message goes away by itself ., some say it doesn't happen every time and doesn't bother them .
It bothered me ...

I've upgraded to the RA4 8.4NA radio so my truck has the puck style antenna , I've installed the 911 delete plug AKA ( 911 fooler plug)

With my 911 delete plug I still get cell reception because the delete plug acts as a short antenna mounted directly to the radio.
The delete plug is just a 10 ohm resister to simulate an antenatal connection.

You can install the resistor @ the antenna end for better reception for Uconnect & 911/ assistance calls while not connected with a phone via blutooth.

For the 911 delete / fooler plug try www.allmoparparts.com
OR
www.oemautopartsco.com

To make your own using your existing purple plug on the back of your radio or details on the resistor required to solder in @ the antenna end for better reception look here .
Just scroll down to note #1 in this post .

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=78289&share_fid=17770&share_type=t

DIY: 2013+ RA3/RA4 8.4" Radio Conversion Upgrade

FYI Sir , the mustard color plug on the back of your radio is the sxm antenna and the white one is AM/ FM .

With the puck style : sat radio and navigation works fine .

Hope this helps !

Last edited:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Out of curiosity, has anyone deleted the shark find antenna from there trucks? I don't listen to satellite radio, and want to remove it so I'll still be able to get the truck in the garage after its lifted.
Welcome to the forum Sir !
Read lots , post lots and help others when you can !

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
FYI,
The "Puck" has one Fakra connector for SiriusXM (Mustard)
The "Sharkfin" has two Fakra connectors: 1 SiriusXM (Mustard), 1 Cellular (Violet)

There apparently is not a dedicated "GPS" antenna on the truck or feed to the back of the radio (even though the radio has a connector for it). Apparently the Sxm doubles as a GPS antenna.

Perhaps there is more info on it, but that's all I got. ;)

Attachments

• JeepGuy1980 Antenna.jpg
    JeepGuy1980 Antenna.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 73

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks Mike !

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BigHornDan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the advice guys. It will be greatly used! I may get the thin puck to fill the existing hole & just leave the wiring under the head liner.

If I go the route with the fakra connector, would I need a male or female pigtail to use on the antenna end? I'd prefer to not pull the radio as I have the full center console.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Thanks for the advice guys. It will be greatly used! I may get the thin puck to fill the existing hole & just leave the wiring under the head liner.

If I go the route with the fakra connector, would I need a male or female pigtail to use on the antenna end? I'd prefer to not pull the radio as I have the full center console.
If you are talking about putting the pigtail/resistor on the cable right under the puck, once swapped, then my "guess" (per the Sharkfin picture) is that it's the same one as what is linked in the conversion thread.

From my Up All Night Sleep All Day Gs7 on Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

BigHornDan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I didn't go through the entire conversion thread. If it's the same as the pic shows, it should be the male end I believe

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
In never sure on what one manufacturer to the next calls male vs female connectors. It can change from what I expect.

From post 2 in the conversion thread:
NOTE 1:
You can omit the Antenna body cable, Antenna jumper cable, and shark fin antenna if you buy the OEM auto parts plug shown here:
911 Vehicle Phone Override Cable

Or you can make your own using the following parts (search ebay and amazon for these)
Farka D connector/Pigtail with 2 to 6 inch lead
10k Ohm Resistor with 5% tolerance, 1/2 watt.

Just solder one end of the resistor to the center wire and the other end to the wire shielding. Tape it up with electrical tape or heat shrink it.

From my Up All Night Sleep All Day Gs7 on Tapatalk

Last edited:

mpittman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this is an old thread... how much lift were you able to go and still get into your garage? I looking at this scenario right now. I have 5 inches clearance with that shark fin. Would love to put a 6" lift on.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn