shock help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BAMA BOY

BAMA BOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Liters of fire breathing fury!
im wanting longer shocks for a better ride quality they say for a 2 inch lift but when i cranked my t bars i could of swore i got 4 inches out of it

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
make sure you arnt getting shocks that are collapsed longer than what you can take (check out those collapsed/extended vs stock) and you need your exact lift (probably not 4 inches)

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No way you got four inches out of a tbar crank.

OP
OP
BAMA BOY

BAMA BOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
deffanitely 2 inches then so these will work i think

OP
OP
BAMA BOY

BAMA BOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
okay just called skyjacker, and the link above does not even exist??? so anyway people who leveled out their trucks, what shocks did you use?

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Not to be rude , but man them shocks suck . Had them on a old jeep , thought what the heck 30 bucks no biggy .... worse ride than the oem ones that were on the jeep and the oem ones were blown . In a matter of 2 months they were rusted and the boots fell off allowing the shock to chip .

That is a foreign made shock they put a fancy sticker on . its is the same lower end shock that pro comp has and its the same shock as the ruff country .... they are all the same shock just different stickers .

Your money , but you wont be happy . Save up and get some good shocks like a bilstein ... unless you dont care how they ride or last .

OP
OP
BAMA BOY

BAMA BOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not to be rude , but man them shocks suck . Had them on a old jeep , thought what the heck 30 bucks no biggy .... worse ride than the oem ones that were on the jeep and the oem ones were blown . In a matter of 2 months they were rusted and the boots fell off allowing the shock to chip .

That is a foreign made shock they put a fancy sticker on . its is the same lower end shock that pro comp has and its the same shock as the ruff country .... they are all the same shock just different stickers .

Your money , but you wont be happy . Save up and get some good shocks like a bilstein ... unless you dont care how they ride or last .

thanks man i think ill go with rancho or bds if i cant get the cheaper ones figured out still wish i would of just bought yours

Torque

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Rancho RS9000X on mine. The work well with the torsion bar crank, they don't top out like the stockers did. They felt good when I had 33x12.50 Mickey Thompsons. But with the new Nittos, I don't know if the tires are heavier or what, but the ride isn't what i would call great anymore. It's not bad but quite choppy. At about 4 years old, i had to replace the front two under warranty (no cost to me) because they started leaking and front end bounced like a basketball. I have had the replacements for about 2 years, so i'm wondering if they're starting to fail too. I like the adjustability though, so switching to something else would be a bummer.

4X HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It doesn't give much of a description on them but looking at your truck, I would say they WILL NOT work!!

There listing they work for an SRT-10! ... That's 2 wheel drive.

IMO, you want something a little stronger then those and something for a lifted truck. Skyjacker of not ... $28??? ... sounds pretty cheap to me, I certainly wouldn't buy them.

OP
OP
BAMA BOY

BAMA BOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It doesn't give much of a description on them but looking at your truck, I would say they WILL NOT work!!

There listing they work for an SRT-10! ... That's 2 wheel drive.

IMO, you want something a little stronger then those and something for a lifted truck. Skyjacker of not ... $28??? ... sounds pretty cheap to me, I certainly wouldn't buy them.

i called them and the skyjacker man said they dont make shocks for a 2002 ram at all ????

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm getting the rancho RS9000XL Series for my 2006 with the wireless controller fully adjustable getting them installed Wednesday.I will post again after testing them out also rancho has a 100 dollar rebate going on right now If you buy 4 so I think I got a pretty good deal. got mine online search around there are some great deals out there on the web