Showing off what I've learned. Paint correction in progress.

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by tipnitty, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Loaded

Loaded Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L
    So do you clay bar after your weekly maintenance wash?

2. jawzs2

jawzs2 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi
    Nice work, the reflection of the shop is crystal clear. If you are ever in the Phillt\S. Jersey area, I have a Ram and Charger R\T, both in Briiliant Black, that could use your talents.

3. tipnitty

tipnitty Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    My cars stay in the garage, so they don't need to be clayed every week. I would only clay the car before you are about to work the paint and/or wax. its very important that the paint be clean as possible before you clay. You dont want to embed any particles to the paint with clay. Personally i would clay twice a year. Once in spring to remove all the garbage from winter, and once in fall. To apply wax before winter again.

:roflsquared: right on! I wouldn't mind helping at all. Thanks for the compliment!

4. Loaded

Loaded Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L
    Awesome. I have been doing lots of reading and I think the twice a year will keep me going. I dont need to get as crazy as most with what I'm doing. Thanks!

5. tipnitty

tipnitty Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I think twice a year for mine are fine at least. But something like my work vehicle may need it every 3 month or so. Luckily it's supplied by work and I don't care about the paint.:roflsquared::roflsquared:

6. tipnitty

tipnitty Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Giving this one a try today.

[​IMG]

7. tipnitty

tipnitty Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Washed the car today. Used ONR for the first time and it worked well. Of course once I started moving all the water seeped out of the creases and the car has water spots all over it.

Side note, I'm worried about a upcoming spun rod bearing. Oil pressure is low at hot idle and I'm starting to get nervous. I'll be changing the oil this weekend and we'll see what I find.

Sun came up as I started to drive the car so I couldn't get any good pics, but here's a few shots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Pull Ya

Pull Ya Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    If you haven't spent enough money yet you might try this little trick. I bought some Opti Spray Wax from Autogeek and use it(as directed) about every other time after my weekly wash. It's one of the best spray waxes according to a lot of professional detailers on autopia. I have started to put about 3/4 of a cup of the liquid wax in my wash bucket(6 gallon) along with my Meg 62 wash soap and then just wash as usual using the 2 bucket method. I think the results are excellent.
    Jay

9. tipnitty

tipnitty Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I'll definitely give that a shot. I've been wanting to try this ONR since we are still in a water ban here in OK. Last time I tried to wash my truck I almost got a $500 ticket. I've heard of the Opti spray but never heard of it being adding it like that. Wonder how it would work with the ONR.

10. Pull Ya

Pull Ya Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    I haven't heard of anyone else adding the wax to their wash bucket either, I just thought I'd give it a try and I am realllllly happy with the results. After using it this way I had to buy a gallon of the wax---LOL Read about it on Autogeek and see what you think of the wax itself.
    Jay

tipnitty likes this.