Slight clunk??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frosty415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I put in Bilsteins @ 2.1 about 2 months ago now. Didn't have any issues at all. Checked/re torqued everything at 50 miles and then again at 500 just to be safe. Nothing was loose. The past couple days I have been noticing a slight clunk when I get about 3/4" turn to the right only. Doesn't happen to the left. Doesn't seem like a major deal that will cause any damage but now that it's in my head I listen for it every time and its starting to get the best of me. It's definitely coming from the front and I can usually feel it in the steering wheel slightly. Most times it happens when I am leaving my driveway on a small slope or turning from gravel to pavement. Otherwise it happens rarely when turning slowly on side streets in town. Anyone have any ideas what to check first?? Is it just normal to have a small clunk when turning that hard??

Last edited:

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check the ball joints to make sure none have play. You will probably want to lift the front of the truck for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

Frosty415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check the ball joints to make sure none have play. You will probably want to lift the front of the truck for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that will be the first thing I check. Gonna tear into it tomorrow and see if I can find any slop anywhere.