so I did a thing today- pics included

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
shadowhawk

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
It takes patience for sure. And the right tools, including product. I made a deal with my wife to keep the vehicles clean. She got a new suv, and it's black too. if I can stay on top of it, it won't be so bad.

OP
OP
shadowhawk

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
amen to that, my show truck gets an machine applied wax/sealant application before each show, and the compound i use removes all micro swirls or any imperfection that you may have gotten since your last one, that alone is usually an 8 hour process :favorites13:

to the OP, detailing is an addiction so be careful, lol, but the truck looks great!

Of topic, but we're going to Houston right after Christmas. What's good to see down there Demon-hemi?

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the compound i use removes all micro swirls or any imperfection that you may have gotten since your last one

I got bitten by the Adams Polishes bug hard. Only use Adams products on my truck since it was new. Spring was the first time I attempted to machine polish. Took a little bit to get the technique down, and I am no way a pro at it now. I just know where I need to improve my technique and things to do differently next time.
My truck is a daily driver, I look after it carefully and treat it well, but at the same time, it’s a daily driver and I have a 4 year old!
Needless to say I have some micro swirling happening from daily occurrences. I also need to do a proper 2 bucket wash. Right now I am using foam gun and 1 bucket. Need to do add the second bucket in the mix and having an Air Force master blaster will help. Someday... Someday.... :dreams:
Well that was long winded and off topic so I apologize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Of topic, but we're going to Houston right after Christmas. What's good to see down there Demon-hemi?

Shoot me a pm, we will figure out some things for ya to check out

OP
OP
shadowhawk

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
needless to say I have some micro swirling happening from daily occurrences. I also need to do a proper 2 bucket wash. Right now I am using foam gun and 1 bucket. Need to do add the second bucket in the mix and having an Air Force master blaster will help. Someday... Someday.... :dreams:
Well that was long winded and off topic so I apologize.

I use 3 buckets. 2 for washing the painted surfaces, 1 for the wheels

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh yes. I have 1 bucket dedicated to wheels only. Never has that bucket been used for holding water and soap to be used on the paint. I store my washing bucket with a gamma seal lid. Closed tightly... once it has dried out. When it’s drying out I store it in a place that won’t get much dust introduced into the bucket. Then when I go to use the bucket for my wash, it’s gets a good rinsing, just to be sure.
So I am guessing that the swirling that I am getting is from improper wash technique and/or drying. Washing I go top down, 1-2 times a panel into the wash bucket, with a grit guard. I also go around the truck about 3 times. Once top of the truck, then another going from the roof to about mid way down the panel, all the way around truck, then I do lower half of all the panels last. Like I said I go to bucket about 2 times per panel, every time I go go around. Pooling rinse the whole truck.
Drying I use detail spray and an Ultra Plush drying towel. Or I do H2O Guard and Gloss wet technique. (If your familiar with Adams Polishes you’ll know what I mean.)
So I am thinking I will be starting to learn how to do a proper 2 bucket wash seeing how I now have 2 buckets with Grit Guards and Gamma Seal lids. Plus a 3 rd plain bucket for my wheels.

Last edited:
OP
OP
shadowhawk

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I don't take it that seriously before, but I will be from now on.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Take a look at this drying towel. I know it's expensive but I have never found a towel that does as good and holds so much water. You can almost dry the whole truck without wringing the towel out. I use it on mine every week, but because of the tonneau cover I use 2 of the towels. Never had a problem with scratches after I started to use this for drying(along with the 2 bucket method of washing)
https://www.autopia-carcare.com/pfm-drying-towel-griots-garage.html#.WiNAcFWnGG4
Jay

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
What wash and polish did you use? I have the same truck and i find hard to keep it waxed and clean. What do you recommend i use? it looks sick. All i need is the black exhaust tips and fogged out tail lights and head lights to have it all blacked out on mine. With red LED interior lights.

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
Nice job......looks good!

OP
OP
shadowhawk

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
What wash and polish did you use? I have the same truck and i find hard to keep it waxed and clean. What do you recommend i use? it looks sick. All i need is the black exhaust tips and fogged out tail lights and head lights to have it all blacked out on mine. With red LED interior lights.

1. washed with Dawn dish soap to remove waxes/greases
2. Claybar using Meguiars clay bar
3. Wash again using dawn to get rid of whatever residue was left behind
4. Polish using Meguiars polish. Note- this step was always vary depending on how beat up the paint is. I used a light polish and mildly aggressive pad
5. Wax using Meguiars tech wax 2.0, but I will be changing to something else when the bottle is empty. I want to seal the paint this spring

And thanks Adams for the nod. I appreciate that.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

liftedpsd2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
heme
Have you leveled it yet? Truck looks good. I washed mine today and yours puts my wash to shame lol.

OP
OP
shadowhawk

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
Thanks Jay. I'll look into it

OP
OP
shadowhawk

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
Have you leveled it yet? Truck looks good. I washed mine today and yours puts my wash to shame lol.

I just bought the Bils. They will be here tomorrow, but I'm going to wait until I get my Mevo UCAs to do the work.

Where to start on mine. I haven't seen my paint job in 5 years

Start at the beginning. You'd be amazed at how much you can do with a little polish. Go slow, and not too aggressive at first. Always start with light polish, not heavy

liftedpsd2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
heme
I just bought the Bils. They will be here tomorrow, but I'm going to wait until I get my Mevo UCAs to do the work.

Start at the beginning. You'd be amazed at how much you can do with a little polish. Go slow, and not too aggressive at first. Always start with light polish, not heavy
Nice I just leveled mine. I went with just a spacer.
bdbacaa271f0fe0dc799d03b5396db7c.jpg

Yea every time I wash it I find new scratches. I told the wife when this one goes I won’t get another black one. They look good but man they show all scratches. With kids it’s almost
Impossible to keep clean lol.

OP
OP
shadowhawk

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
Mine is absolutely abysmal right now with all the salt on the roads, and the tires kicking up road grime. I took it thru a wash the other day, and 4 hrs later you couldn't tell I had washed it.