Some weird problems after the mud

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djbeck88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well Ive been playin a lot lately in the mud and its starting to take the toll on the truck last night I was out playing with my buddy in a f250 with 12" of lift and 37s. Well he tore through this hole that swallowed his truck past the headlights. He bet me I wouldn't go through it and I couldnt let the ford win against the dodge. I made it through it without a problem but now I think I got some electrical wet.

When I shut my truck off, its take roughly 3-5 seconds to turn off after I remove the key from the ignition. Also I keep getting p0462 code which deals with my fuel sending. but that comes and goes. And then somoething that comes and goes is that I looseeeeeeeee my oil pressure, fuel gauge and tempature and voltage gauges. Any one have any ideas? The biggest problem I dont like is that shutting off. Also, for the last few weeks, my key chime has been staying on when i pull the keys out of the ignition. sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesnt. But I just noticed as I was looking over things, My ignition isnt turning off my radio, the key chime still goes off, and now my gauges are doing full sweeps when I go to start it.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Check and clean all your main electrical connections. Not having adequate voltage across the system can cause these faults. Start at the battery, go to the main ground, the starter connection and the PCM main harness connection to start. Make sure all sensors are in place and no connections have been mudded up or disconnected, even partially.

OP
OP
D

djbeck88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
okay. will do that. I also have codes p0562 p0891 and p0000. with a battery drain somewhere since last night also. and I feel the tranny is stuck in 2nd or 3rd

Last edited:

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
when my ignition switch went bad it kept the radio, and blower on even after the key was off and removed. Replace and tested works great now.

OP
OP
D

djbeck88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
when my ignition switch went bad it kept the radio, and blower on even after the key was off and removed. Replace and tested works great now.

Did it have a hard time shutting off also?

OP
OP
D

djbeck88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also have 7 different CELs P0988, P0876 P0841 and then 4 different P0000. all except the P0000 deals with the Trans Fluid Press Sens/Switch e,a, or c Circ Range/Perf. Any Idea what that is???

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Is it possible you broke or fractured a ground strap coming off the engine and or transmission? Have you gotten underneath to look for anything filled with mud, unplugged, or just out of place looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

djbeck88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats one of the first things I always do. The stuff I went through wasnt too much mud. It was probably a foot of mud and then three feet of water. I run 35's and it was over my lights. A little deeper then I though it would be.

My tranny is in "limp mode" and I only have 2nd and 3rd gear so my top speed right now is only 50. Im just glad I only life 4 miles from work.

Last edited:

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
i believe the truck turning off after the key is out is caused by the computer. i buddy had this happen to his truck. when i get they chance i will call him and ask him about it. all i remember him saying was it was computer related.

OP
OP
D

djbeck88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
NEW UPDATE!

I no longer can get my truck out of my driveway. I changed the tranny fluid today and drove it around the block and it was slipping, checked fluid, was a quart low. added a quart into it and drove around the block again. halfway around the block, Nothing. Total loss of the tranny. No reverse, no drive, no nothing. I was able to coast back to the driveway and pull the new codes I was throwing. This is what I got.

P0876-UD PRESSURE SWITCH SENSE CIRCUIT
p0731-GEAR RATIO ERROR 1ST
P0732-GEAR RATIO ERROR 2ND

Smoke was rolling out of the dipstick. so I have no idea whats up. The junkyard has one but its a $1000 plus exchange and I dont have that layin around right now. Any idea.

2004 QC 1500 5.7L 139000 running 35" tires.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio