Speaker install trouble in my 99

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chief115

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all, this should be pretty straight forward, but then again who knows.

So I just bought my 99 ram 1500 5.9 extended cab. I bought the correct speaker size to do all 4 doors(the drivers side door was blown). Now I had read about the infinity system, and had no idea if I had it. I popped the doors off tonight and low and behold my easy install just got harder. I have the infinity system.

I removed what I think is the individual amp from the stock speaker along with the harness. How in the heck am I suppose to wire this?

Do I keep the amp and just tape it to the new speaker (not my first choice)? or do I get some way to mount it to the new speaker like it was on the orginial? Or option three, is there a way to rewire the whole thing?

Attachments

• dodge.jpg
    dodge.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 81
OP
OP
C

Chief115

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My life would just be plain boring if things just went together easy. Thanks for looking in on this. Huge help

OP
OP
C

Chief115

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It did. It gave me one other idea (and I think better) to do. Earlier on this topic someone posted drilling into the door and mounting it out of the way of the window. Which also works, but I prefer to be as stock/factory as possible. The catch with that is usually with this stuff you have to modify it to work anyway, so its just a "which would you rather" situation.

Jury's still out on this one, and I have nothing but time. Im going to recondition the ENTIRE interior. Door panels scrubed clean, inside the doors cleaned, waxed, and buffed. Dash removed, cleaned and check out the vents (it makes a clunk noise when I turn on full fan and switch it from off to ac). Seats removed, and then paint the carpet to get rid of those nasty rust-ish stains.

OP
OP
C

Chief115

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also I was wondering, on the rear doors there is a cut out for another 5.25 speaker that only needs holes drilled. On the rear infinity speakers there are 2 sets of power and ground wires (I think. Same color sets) could I extend one pair and have 2 speakers in the rear door?

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Um....are you sure it's a cut out for a speaker? I know there is a vent in that door....

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Haha. Have fun with the intense cleaning. I went that route not too long ago ..
nice looking truck I might add
Anyways, as far as the amps. I did my door speakers a long time ago. Nearly right after I got the truck. Before I even knew much of anything about cars so my dad was helping me out big time. If I recall correctly, we kinda just ran the output wires of the amps to the speakers, and just kinda shoved the amps back. Never had a problem since.
And as far as the rear speakers, I never noticed extra wires. Mind getting some pics?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1408503286673.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1408503286673.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
C

Chief115

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya ill get some pics up tomorrow night.

OP
OP
C

Chief115

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So here's what I'm working with for the rear doors

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 44

Ramsport99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I have the same problem with mine, called a few shops around town and 2 of the 3 i called wanted an upwards of damn near $300 to install the 4 speakers, and that just for labor. think ill take on this task myself lol