Speaker upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 14 sport. I have all the bells and whistles expect the factory alpine subwoofer and speakers. I have the fancy radio and all that jazz.

I am looking to upgrade my door speakers. I think they are 6x9. Look for a quality sounding speaker with a little more bass. Not looking to add an amplifier or subwoofer. Just looking for a good door speaker with good highs and lows.

Any suggestions?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Best is go listen to as many as you can, let your ears and wallet decide. Some like 6x9 3 ways, more tweeter, some prefer a smoother 6x9, so go look and listen, watch mounting depth.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Best is go listen to as many as you can, let your ears and wallet decide. Some like 6x9 3 ways, more tweeter, some prefer a smoother 6x9, so go look and listen, watch mounting depth.

Goose is right. And since you do not want to add an amp, I'd stick with a 6x9....it'll give you the added bass/midbass you're looking for. Like mentioned, keep an eye on speaker depth

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you dont do this right you will lose more bass than gain. The front speakers are in parallel, this means they are getting half power than the rears. So when you upgrade you will get a boost from the rear, but lost on the front without an amp.

Heres what I suggest, if you are going this to add bass, just bite the bullet spend a few hundred on a subwoofer. Far better upgrade than just door speakers.