Spohn pan hard bar.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just installed it, only had time to get the bar and alignment bracket installed but wow does that combo make a huge difference on how tight the rear feels on this thing.. No more wiggle. Cant wait to get the contol arms and proper swaybar links in there. Hopefully tomorrow
f827ad9f13e28caf43f99ae1667eeb42.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I thought everyone lowering put this piece on, i like it on mine as well. I assume yours is adjustable????

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Surprisingly yes, It feels a lot tighter, the wiggle I was feeling is gone. Hopefully will get even better with the proper end links on the sway bar.

I took the rear sway bar off to paint it and amazed how loose it is without the upgraded bar

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought everyone lowering put this piece on, i like it on mine as well. I assume yours is adjustable????

Yes it's ad justable , I think the dealer took off the bracket before I bought it... now the alignment is right and geometry is perfect

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Surprisingly yes, It feels a lot tighter, the wiggle I was feeling is gone. Hopefully will get even better with the proper end links on the sway bar.

I took the rear sway bar off to paint it and amazed how loose it is without the upgraded bar

New bushings will do that for ya. Give it a few months for the urethane bushings to settle in and it'll move a bit more, just keep them greased or they'll begin to squeak. It's a pity Spohn doesn't offer a delrin bushing for the sway bar, I'd love to get rid of that movement without needing to get a set machined because if I went that rout I'm spending the extra and getting a graphite impregnated polymer for better self lubrication and stiffer bushing properties.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good! I also like the rollers.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New bushings will do that for ya. Give it a few months for the urethane bushings to settle in and it'll move a bit more, just keep them greased or they'll begin to squeak. It's a pity Spohn doesn't offer a delrin bushing for the sway bar, I'd love to get rid of that movement without needing to get a set machined because if I went that rout I'm spending the extra and getting a graphite impregnated polymer for better self lubrication and stiffer bushing properties.

This ^^^

I went through two sets of bushings, because they would soften up and begin to move around and make a clunking sound. That is why I eventually made my own track bar with heims and chromoly...

Spohn knows about this problem, but I think their concern was that delrin bushings would not allow enough articulation and put stress on the bar. IIRC

Palomba

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed the pan hard bar for a customer last night, along with the 4 link arms, QA1 shocks all the way around, and front sway bar end links to bring it down level.

Talk about a ride quality difference, feels more like a high end sports car than a truck now. Not to bad to install, a drive on rack makes it easier as you need to be able to load and unload rear axle travel to avoid so much fighting with the bolts on the arms.

thebeet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I installed the pan hard bar for a customer last night, along with the 4 link arms, QA1 shocks all the way around, and front sway bar end links to bring it down level.

Talk about a ride quality difference, feels more like a high end sports car than a truck now. Not to bad to install, a drive on rack makes it easier as you need to be able to load and unload rear axle travel to avoid so much fighting with the bolts on the arms.

Thanks again for doing the install for me. Night and day difference. Completely different truck . Love it ! Money well spent.

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Heads up on your upcomming arm install. The delsphere bushings will come loose after a 1000 or 2 miles and will need to be retightened. You will need the tool to do so

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This ^^^

I went through two sets of bushings, because they would soften up and begin to move around and make a clunking sound. That is why I eventually made my own track bar with heims and chromoly...

Spohn knows about this problem, but I think their concern was that delrin bushings would not allow enough articulation and put stress on the bar. IIRC
I may machine out some alum bushings, but was a little concerned about the adjuster joint and what grade steel it is and seems like the weak link to the bar.... i like it, its a well made product but just not 100% sure on the design. I was going back and forth on what side to put the adjuster on. Honestly i'd rather in the middle or one on each end. But i decided to dress up the sway bar.
63c7c0a9f59e572008032ea12c47abe6.jpg

Not a huge fan of the BT swaybar links, also well built just dont like how they install in a single shear. I think i have some fabricating to do.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963