Spohn Panhard vs relocation bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quick question since I don't read it anywhere on the product info, Do I still need the relocation bracket or does it do away with it?

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
God I hope I do not need it as the lowering is costing me a pretty penny

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The relocation bracket is needed regardless of which panhard bar you are running. The bracket is what keeps the panhard bar parallel to the axle. The adjustable panhard bar is what allows you to center the axle from side to side.

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The relocation bracket is needed regardless of which panhard bar you are running. The bracket is what keeps the panhard bar parallel to the axle. The adjustable panhard bar is what allows you to center the axle from side to side.

Thanks, I figured so just wasn't sure with the 4" drop...

Are they in Stock at the moment? Cause once I get home I will be ordering control arms and the Panhard bar and anything else rear end related you suggest

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Yes sir. Have 8 of the black and 6 of the red panhard bars in stock right now.

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
why would you use the relocation with the adjustable panhard bar?
The purpose of the relocation bracket is to be used with your oem panhard bar. It's used to shift the rear end towards the passenger side as it was from factory. I've used the spohn adjustable panhard bar without the relocation bracket and the geometry of the rear end was just fine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The purpose of the relocation bracket is to be used with your oem panhard bar. It's used to shift the rear end towards the passenger side as it was from factory. I've used the spohn adjustable panhard bar without the relocation bracket and the geometry of the rear end was just fine.

I'll play with it but another important part is as matt said it needs to be parallel to the axle. If I don't like how it all works I will bend up a custom adjustable that keeps it parallel and no need for the bracket... but I don't want to go through all that work right now... just need to get things shifted back to the correct location

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine

Because without the relocation bracket, your panhard bar will not be anywhere close to parallel to your axle...this applies whether you are running the stock or an aftermarket panhard bar. The bracket keeps the panhard bar level with the axle, and then you use the adjustable panhard bar to center the axle from side to side.

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Because without the relocation bracket, your panhard bar will not be anywhere close to parallel to your axle...this applies whether you are running the stock or an aftermarket panhard bar. The bracket keeps the panhard bar level with the axle, and then you use the adjustable panhard bar to center the axle from side to side.

so by using the relocation bracket the rear end will not shift towards the passenger side making the rear end centered?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
so by using the relocation bracket the rear end will not shift towards the passenger side making the rear end centered?
If you're lowered it will still shift as the bar is not sitting perfectly parallel to the axle but it's less of an issue than without the bracket, the bracket helps quite a bit but it's not perfect and most I've seen are still off center a bit. Ideal scenario is the bracket with the adjustable bar but just the bracket will be a lot better than without.

HemiXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LOL, I did mine without the relocation bracket. So from what I am reading, I should have used it. Well, isn't that nice.

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hAve to check if mine is even there , dam axle sits so far to the passenger side it's scary.

But I just ordered the Panhard and control arms so the fix shall begin

mtndewnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah... I was understanding that with the relocation bracket installed that there is no need for a adjustable panhard bar .... If that is not the case, why aren't the adjustable panhard bars offered in the kit that I ordered a couple days ago? I am goign with the drop spindles and springs for the rear. (with the relocation bracket for the panhard bar)

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah... I was understanding that with the relocation bracket installed that there is no need for a adjustable panhard bar .... If that is not the case, why aren't the adjustable panhard bars offered in the kit that I ordered a couple days ago? I am goign with the drop spindles and springs for the rear. (with the relocation bracket for the panhard bar)

It's normal for the kits to NOT include the adjustable panhard bar. The relocation bracket helps, but your rear axle may or may not be centered (side to side) after the drop. If it is don't worry about it, if it isn't get an adjustable panhard bar...

The kits also don't come with longer control arms... Your axle will definitely be pulled forward by the drop and you will need longer or adjustable upper and lower control arms to re-center it (front to back). Some guys are ok with this some aren't.

:favorites13:

rick-rock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The rear of our trucks have basically the same suspension as a jeep tj or jk. Jeepers have been dealing with this since 1997, yes I have a jeep, and we have lots of aftermarket support for this issue.
If you drop the rear 2" your fine, If you go 4" or more your in the ball park of needing a drop bracket and an adjustable panhard. One can get away with just a drop bracket until your buddy follows you somewhere and then asks why your truck drives down the road crooked(was it in a wreck?). The same can be said for an out of alignment to the axle adjustable panhard bar. Some will notice the rear of the truck dances around a bump/corner like a empty 3/4 or 1 ton truck. I know not every truck is exact and not everyones seat of the pants feel will be the same, but you'll be time ahead to get what you need the first time. Adjustable panhard and drop bracket.

Just my two cent coming from the jeep world

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci

The bracket comes with the drop kit, the adjustable panhard bar is made by the company that makes the control arms. The relocation bracket will get the stock panhard bar back close to neutral but it's not perfect if you're looking for the best performance.

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
Without the drop down bracket regardless of what track bar you have your track bar will be well into the arc. So when you hit a bump or go around a corner it will feel like the rear end is moving around. because theres more lateral movement when the bar is not parallel to the axle centerline.

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Without the drop down bracket regardless of what track bar you have your track bar will be well into the arc. So when you hit a bump or go around a corner it will feel like the rear end is moving around. because theres more lateral movement when the bar is not parallel to the axle centerline.

This!!!!! Makes the rear end feel looser than a 2 dollar ******.... Disclaimer: I have no reference to this, as I have never railed a ******.

But from switching out the panhard bard and installing the bracket back on the truck it tightened up the rear alot and got the panhard bar parallel with the axle where it should be.

gonzo1968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got some digging to do. I did my kit years ago and never bothered to use the relocation bracket.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am3334