Spoon bars clunking

Discussion in 'Lowered' started by big john 02, May 26, 2016.

1. big john 02

big john 02 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    So with tightening the joints down anyone have a recommendation? I tightened them bad boys down solid but have not reinstalled the bars yet

2. bgray

bgray Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    You can now install. They will be very stiff to maneuver the sleeve and botl to line up, but but the bolt through and gibe it a few whacks with the hammer to line it all back up.

3. Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2014 R/T
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi
    They should be almost too tight to move by hand. You should have to stick a bar or a screwdriver through them to turn the sphere inside the joint.

4. big john 02

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    yeah they are def too tight to move by hand now I just have to wait till the truck comes back from the body shop to re install

5. bgray

bgray Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Mine starting clunking again, only 1500 miles after the last adjustment. Shits Fucking annoying

6. big john 02

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Yeah I do nit wanna deal with that issue if it starts to happen often, maybe time to just have some aftermarket parts tabbed up at that point.

7. Ak47bravo

Ak47bravo Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Wow... this is disconcerting. On top of the fact that these trucks don't have a complete/solid lowering kit, now we are finding out issues with the Spohn arms? Bleh.... makes me not even want to lower my truck at all if it means dealing with random issues all the time.

Seems there is just not enough R&D with the 'lowering related' parts for these trucks.

8. THETANK

THETANK Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2015 R/T
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi
    I am knocking on wood literally as I type this. My system with Spohn included has not given me one issue and it has travelled 5000+ miles to date. Finger remain crossed at this point.

9. BlkRamRt

BlkRamRt Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    HEMI 5.7
    Has anyone tried to go back to the polyurethane bushing? I know when spohn first brought these arms out to the market it wasn't a huge issue.

10. bgray

bgray Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    It's more of the cost of ownership with this type of bushing. It gives amazing performance for all applications, but there is a bit of work involved with ownership. I would much rather prefer a Poly or Delrin bushing for MY application. Its not so much what Spohn did wrong, its just the nature of the beast. I own a repair shop, so its not a big deal for me, but id hate to be paying 1ish hours of labour a few times until the bushings finally settle.

Its really dodges fault, fucking coil spring rears are such a pain in the ass. It doesn't ride better, it doesnt tow better, and is a PITA to modify in comparison to a leaf sprung truck.