spring/shock combo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrumpManJr96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
this might be a dumb/previously covered question but i havent found any info on it... my truck currently has a spacers/blocks kit on it. im not sure what brand it is but the block in the rear seams to be 2.5", it also has a dual shock set up up front. I want to get rid of the spacers and blocks (starting up front) and replace with new springs/leafpacks... what brands should i go with or stay away from??

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
When it comes to coil springs and leaf springs there aren't really any brands to avoid. They're pretty simple so most people just look for whatever is cheapest. You will also need new lower control arms at 3" lift and an adjustable track bar is highly recommended at this point.

OP
OP
CrumpManJr96

CrumpManJr96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
When it comes to coil springs and leaf springs there aren't really any brands to avoid. They're pretty simple so most people just look for whatever is cheapest. You will also need new lower control arms at 3" lift and an adjustable track bar is highly recommended at this point.

ok cool. it has aftermarket upper and lowers on it already so im good there.. thanks

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Not all coil springs are the same, there are three main types; Linear, Progressive and Dual rate. You would have to check out each spring and see what's out there that suites your driving style and needs. Places like BDS and Carli offer progressive rate springs, much better riding spring over a linear spring.

Edit: In the pix below the black spring is a BDS Progressive coil spring were the red spring is a Linear rate spring.

2013-05-09_19-17-17_279_zps5754ff66.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
CrumpManJr96

CrumpManJr96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
ya ive been looking around and im really liking the carli 3" multi-rate coils, ive seen nothing but good reviews on all their stufff... thanks