SRT Steering wheel swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
$750.00 Canuck,or about 50 bucks US,lol:naughty:.The replacement factory shift button assembly and the aluminium AMG paddles are the biggest expense,they aren't cheap and make up the majority of the price.He has enough pieces on hand to build one more,after that I don't think he'll build anymore,as he was only doing it to prove it could be done,lol.He built 3 of the set-ups for a couple of us,and will build one more because he has the parts,so if anybody wants them,let either me or Kurtis know,and we'll line you up with him.

torinreality

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Rebel
Engine
Supercharged 6.4
I'm interested in knowing if the install on an 8-speed is as simple as wiring the paddles (I'm thinking of using AMG paddles, like others on this thread) into the stock steering wheel buttons.

Can anybody verify?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'm interested in knowing if the install on an 8-speed is as simple as wiring the paddles (I'm thinking of using AMG paddles, like others on this thread) into the stock steering wheel buttons.

Can anybody verify?

Did you track him down on facebook Eric,you might be able to get some info out of young Dylan,i'm not going to tell you how it's done,as i'm not the one who did all the hard work ,but you might be able to get some insights on how it's done if you talk nice to the young guy and give him credit for telling you how it's done.If he tells you how it's done,that's the least you can do,is give him the credit.I already told you how to track him down,so you're on your own from here on in.He's a very good friend,so I won't step on his toes,lol
Rick.

torinreality

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Rebel
Engine
Supercharged 6.4
Hi, Rick. I found Dylan on FB and messaged him, but haven't heard back. Totally cool. If I do hear back, I'll post any learnings to this thread, with full credit to Dylan, of course!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Later today i'll let him know you're trying to get ahold of him Eric.

Smurfkiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i was thinking exactly this the other day i was driving a Hellcat and thought would this wheel work in my R/T truck? i know it can be done but dont wanna cut up wiring harnesses or change connectors. they are pretty close to universal in the umbrella of Fiat. drove a Maserati Ghibi today and right away realized the entire 8.4 dash system is exact same as my truck along with the whole window switch control cluster and a bunch of other trims parts & switches. its how they keep cost down.

the canadian paddle kit is cool , i truly just wanted the wheel to look more sporty.

dirter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is kind of an old thread but I really want paddles so I'm kicking the dog.
Wild one, how might I get in touch with your friend? I can get the paddles on the auction site for a little under $170 but I'm guessing it would cost a bit more to fix things if I goof up. Since he didn't elect to market a kit I'm hoping for just a couple pointers on cutting the holes and which wires to tap. I, like him, love tinkering and have done so on every wheeled cart I've ever had but with my truck being my way to work and back I don't dare snip the wrong thing. Thanks in advance.

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Splines are smaller on the rams than the challenger/charger steering column. I tried it. No joy.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
This is kind of an old thread but I really want paddles so I'm kicking the dog.
Wild one, how might I get in touch with your friend? I can get the paddles on the auction site for a little under $170 but I'm guessing it would cost a bit more to fix things if I goof up. Since he didn't elect to market a kit I'm hoping for just a couple pointers on cutting the holes and which wires to tap. I, like him, love tinkering and have done so on every wheeled cart I've ever had but with my truck being my way to work and back I don't dare snip the wrong thing. Thanks in advance.

LOL check your PM's Dirter:favorites13:

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
That's my truck in the pic,the paddles are actually Mercedes AMG paddles.Everything on the wheel still works from audio controls right down to the stock shift buttons.I love them,haven't touched the buttons since the paddles went in:naughty::naughty:

Bringing this back up...
Can you provide any details on what was needed? Reprogramming?
Can you disconnect the +/- on the right side of the steering wheel?
Do you have a part number for the AMG paddles?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Bringing this back up...
Can you provide any details on what was needed? Reprogramming?
Can you disconnect the +/- on the right side of the steering wheel?
Do you have a part number for the AMG paddles?

The guy that was building them,got a bit perturbed you might say and has quit building the kits.Everybody was like you,they wanted him to tell them how he was doing it,and wouldn't buy the kit off him.Back when he was building the kits,he was selling them for $750.00 Canuck,at that price he wasn't making anything to speak of for his labour. He says he will build them,but now the price has increased to $1200 USD and he wants the money up front.If you're interested at $1200 i'll hook you up with him,if not,you're on your own to figure out how to make them work.There's 3 trucks running around with them,my truck,his truck and another truck in BC .He's a very good friend so I won't step on his toes and tell you how he was doing it,but you can buy one of his kits if you're willing to spend 1200 bucks.

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
Wild one,
I totally understand and I wont ask about the details. Can you tell me how you feel about the placement of the paddles?
By looking at your picture and putting my hands on my steering wheel I have two concerns.
1. The paddles are too far away from the rim.
2. The paddles cover the radio controls.

ScLeCo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 426
Subbed. I'm interested.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Wild one,
I totally understand and I wont ask about the details. Can you tell me how you feel about the placement of the paddles?
By looking at your picture and putting my hands on my steering wheel I have two concerns.
1. The paddles are too far away from the rim.
2. The paddles cover the radio controls.

Read the thread cpmpletely

Tuna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
how do I get in touch with Dylan? I will buy it and may be interested in other info I will purchase from him if he can help me get this 8 speed working in my 6 speed truck. 1200 for what he has done is well worth it considering all the time and trial and error it cost him and would definetly cost me. Please get me in touch with Dylan.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Doesn't the trx come from the factory with paddle shifters and would that be an option?

Surely the parts and steering wheel could be purchased without having to buy the truck

PEdward

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The guy that was building them,got a bit perturbed you might say and has quit building the kits.Everybody was like you,they wanted him to tell them how he was doing it,and wouldn't buy the kit off him.Back when he was building the kits,he was selling them for $750.00 Canuck,at that price he wasn't making anything to speak of for his labour. He says he will build them,but now the price has increased to $1200 USD and he wants the money up front.If you're interested at $1200 i'll hook you up with him,if not,you're on your own to figure out how to make them work.There's 3 trucks running around with them,my truck,his truck and another truck in BC .He's a very good friend so I won't step on his toes and tell you how he was doing it,but you can buy one of his kits if you're willing to spend 1200 bucks.
Wild one, I would very much like to purchase the setup from your friend and will pay his price and will follow any rules. I’d like to buy it in later January with a bonus I’m receiving. I have a 2018 5.7 8speed that I’m dressing up with katzkin leather and an android 10.4 inch radio etc. I have driven several cars with paddle shifters and absolutely fell in love with them in a Chrysler 200. I have HPTuners and can see about programming to upshift/hood gears.

Really, really want paddle shifters.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Wild one, I would very much like to purchase the setup from your friend and will pay his price and will follow any rules. I’d like to buy it in later January with a bonus I’m receiving. I have a 2018 5.7 8speed that I’m dressing up with katzkin leather and an android 10.4 inch radio etc. I have driven several cars with paddle shifters and absolutely fell in love with them in a Chrysler 200. I have HPTuners and can see about programming to upshift/hood gears.

Really, really want paddle shifters.
Hunt up Blackfox Brandon on facebook,as he's building the kits to retrofit paddle shifters into the trucks.He just sent me pics the other day of a set of TRX paddles he's trying to put into his own truck.