SRT10, any owners on here? need input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01dirtydzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 24v Turbo Diesel
I'm strongly considering purchasing one in the spring, been looking at several lately, and for some reason i want one badly for a cruiser/toy..

i have my eyes on this one...

Dodge : Ram 1500 SRT10 in Dodge | eBay Motors

opinions/suggestions? things to look out for?

I want a white one really badly, but finding one is hard as hell, as only 200 were made :(

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There were alot more than 200 made, from 2004-2006 there were 9,573 manufactured...2,373 in 2006 alone. Auto Trader is full of them, and I found quite a few with less than 10,000 miles on them, when I looked a couple days ago.

Tony Sawyer down at JTS Venom Performance is THE MAN to go to about these trucks. He also has inside scoops on trucks for sale. You can find him on Facebook.

TheSatinPumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7L
Last edited:
OP
OP

01dirtydzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 24v Turbo Diesel
There were alot more than 200 made, from 2004-2006 there were 9,573 manufactured...2,373 in 2006 alone. Auto Trader is full of them, and I found quite a few with less than 10,000 miles on them, when I looked a couple days ago.

Tony Sawyer down at JTS Venom Performance is THE MAN to go to about these trucks. He also has inside scoops on trucks for sale. You can find him on Facebook.

Maybe he is just referring to white production models.
Also there is a section that pertains to the SRT-10 Ram
Dodge Ram SRT-10 - DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums

Also, check out the Viper Truck Club of America
www.vtcoa.com
damn i didnt even realize there was a srt section haha..

and yes, i was referring to the white special editions, there were indeed, only 200 made, it would match our challenger, and my cummins quite nicely :D...

Time to start tons of research and reading!

srt2slow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
viper v-10
There are a couple for sale ...depends where you live....log on to vtcoa.com and look...

Lawhand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
viper truck club is the best SRT-10 forums. and i wouldnt even consider a SRT-10 for any sort of performance. 2 X-pen-sive... if u know what i mean.

can get a hemi v8 faster for 1/2 the price :) sorry man.

but for just a fun stock driver with maybe bolt ons, dont matter how good of shape its in its gonna need serious upkeep and lots of $$$$ thats y i passed on SRT-10s

shikityshack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
internal combustion
viper truck club is the best SRT-10 forums. and i wouldnt even consider a SRT-10 for any sort of performance. 2 X-pen-sive... if u know what i mean.

can get a hemi v8 faster for 1/2 the price :) sorry man.

but for just a fun stock driver with maybe bolt ons, dont matter how good of shape its in its gonna need serious upkeep and lots of $$$$ thats y i passed on SRT-10s

Finally someone who knows about SRT10s, maybe you can help me. I guess I have had it wrong all these years..

You say you wouldn't consider an SRT 10 for any sort of performance? Why?
I thought they had 500hp and 525 lbft of TQ stock.. Stiffer lowered suspension, an aerodynamics body package a Dana 60 rear axle and a 6 speed manual in the Reg cabs.. All stock, just to name a few things... Plus at one time held the world record for fastest production pick up.. Huh, guess I figured they were all about performance.. I must have been mistaken. Are all SRT badged vehicles with out performance?? SRT must just be like a Long Horn, or Thunder Road package. It Just an appearance thing?

Really, you can get a Hemi in the 12s for half the price? Seems to me you could pick up a low mileage SRT10 for about 20K and do nothing but a tuner and have a 12 sec truck.. I don't think I could find, buy and build a low mileage Hemi in the 12s for 10K.. I guess I've been looking in the wrong places, maybe you can help me find where I can find these low prices. Wow, Hemi parts must be really cheap.. I had no idea!!!

Plus all this extra "serious" upkeep you speak of, what more does an SRT 10 need as far as maintenance that a typical Hemi powered truck doesn't? More gas I suppose.. But not sure about the rest.

And 25% of them are up for sale? Where did this number come from? I can't say I have ever seen nearly 2500 SRT10s up for sale all at one time.. And its because of upkeep? Damn, SRT10s must be junk. Good to know all this, I would hate to buy one of those lemons...

Since your an expert and I'm guessing have owned one, please help me out.

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
calm down, breathe, and dude, not everyone has the time, money and patience to deal with a v10. you get roughly 9 mpg in the city, and maybe 13 on the highway, i can understand where he's coming from.
mods on the srt is more expensive.

GreyJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally someone who knows about SRT10s, maybe you can help me. I guess I have had it wrong all these years..

You say you wouldn't consider an SRT 10 for any sort of performance? Why?
I thought they had 500hp and 525 lbft of TQ stock.. Stiffer lowered suspension, an aerodynamics body package a Dana 60 rear axle and a 6 speed manual in the Reg cabs.. All stock, just to name a few things... Plus at one time held the world record for fastest production pick up.. Huh, guess I figured they were all about performance.. I must have been mistaken. Are all SRT badged vehicles with out performance?? SRT must just be like a Long Horn, or Thunder Road package. It Just an appearance thing?

Really, you can get a Hemi in the 12s for half the price? Seems to me you could pick up a low mileage SRT10 for about 20K and do nothing but a tuner and have a 12 sec truck.. I don't think I could find, buy and build a low mileage Hemi in the 12s for 10K.. I guess I've been looking in the wrong places, maybe you can help me find where I can find these low prices. Wow, Hemi parts must be really cheap.. I had no idea!!!

Plus all this extra "serious" upkeep you speak of, what more does an SRT 10 need as far as maintenance that a typical Hemi powered truck doesn't? More gas I suppose.. But not sure about the rest.

And 25% of them are up for sale? Where did this number come from? I can't say I have ever seen nearly 2500 SRT10s up for sale all at one time.. And its because of upkeep? Damn, SRT10s must be junk. Good to know all this, I would hate to buy one of those lemons...

Since your an expert and I'm guessing have owned one, please help me out.

I'm sure he's referring to how much aftermarket parts cost for the SRT10, if you don't believe me you can go look yourself, but they're outrageous. Correction, $2,995 on sale for long tubes, sign me up lol. You don't have to take someones opinion on the internet personal man, that's :supergay:

Last edited:

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would definitely look at some long term maintenance figures or hit up some owners on the forums. Oil changes, spark plugs, tires...all gonna be more expensive. You could get a 3rd gen 1500 for $10,000 to $15,000 and put the $5,000 to $10,000 into it and certainly have an SRT10 killer. That being said, if I could afford one, I'd probably have one. They are badass trucks...still hold the record you mentioned. I don't think anyone was trying to talk you out of it. You asked for opinions/suggestions.

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm telling ya, the best man to hit up on these trucks is Tony Sawyer over at JTS Venom Performance. In my opinion, NOBODY knows these trucks and their potential like he does...hands down NOBODY.

shikityshack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
internal combustion
Oh, Im perfectly calm and chill:emotions133: Honstly I was being more sarcastic than anything.. And I'm an owner of an SRT10. The truck in my sig is mine...
While yes, the parts can tend to be more expensive for the engine, but everyones budget is different.. Sure the price point of the Viper engine mods may not be for everyones budget But thats the individuals buissiness..
But Hemi parts arent exactly bargain bin either, I have also built those in the past too..
If you maintain the SRT properly the cost of owning it isn't much more than a Hemi...
My whole point is he is basicly wrong on most of his points... Frankly I am tired of reading all of the misinfo that gets thrown around by those who do not or have not ever owned one.... The OP comes on here asking owners oppinions of what to look for because he is considering buying one and people want to come in here and throw info that is absolutely wrong...

To say the SRT10 is not for performance and you can build a Hemi for half the price and it will out perform an SRT10.. Sorry, that is absolutely wrong. I went down that road and for the money the SRT10 is one hell of a package.
There is nothing :supergay: *** about taking his oppinion personal.. Nor did I take it pesonal, again it was my attempt at being sarcastic.. I personaly found it ammusing.. What is ridiculous however is giving an oppinion thats not based on fact and is infact misinfo.

shikityshack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
internal combustion
I'm telling ya, the best man to hit up on these trucks is Tony Sawyer over at JTS Venom Performance. In my opinion, NOBODY knows these trucks and their potential like he does...hands down NOBODY.

While you are correct that Tony knows his stuff, Sean Roe of Roe Racing also knows these trucks in and out and builds probably the best supercharger in the buissiness for the Viper power plant.

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
While you are correct that Tony knows his stuff, Sean Roe of Roe Racing also knows these trucks in and out and builds probably the best supercharger in the buissiness for the Viper power plant.

Ahhh, I don't know of Sean Roe, I know Tony, thats why I threw his name up. He has built a couple of my friends SRT10's. I believe Tony is now working on my friend Mikes or atleast is was.

GreyJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the sarcasm don't worry lol, i'm busting your balls. I considered an srt 10 pickup or even a viper myself because what young kid wouldn't want one right lol? Only thing that turned me away was the price of maintenance and performance parts, I couldn't keep up.

One thing I hear time and time again is to avoid John Hennessy at all costs.