Stay lifted or go back low?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mopar4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 4.7
Im debating on wheather or not to leave my truck lifted, or go back low again.
Right now its only got a 3" lift on it with 33s and the pic of it lowered is with 33s also and im gunna guess is a 2/5 drop? im not sure because it was low when i bought it, lookin back i see how bad ass it looked so im considering going back...what do you all think!? thanks!

lowered
jjj.jpg

lifted 3"
2.jpg

OP
OP
M

mopar4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 4.7
I think it looks better lowered...

thanks for the reply, its a tough decision. i think it looks good either way which makes it hard. both ways have their pros and cons:
lifted cons are my control arms are very close to my springs mounts and they sometimes hit which knocks my alignment off, and worse fuel mileage

lowered cons are that i wasnt a fan of the ride, if i hit a big enough bump it would make the axle hit the frame cause it was so low, but it was also a little quicker and better gas mileage.

night hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
thanks for the reply, its a tough decision. i think it looks good either way which makes it hard. both ways have their pros and cons:
lifted cons are my control arms are very close to my springs mounts and they sometimes hit which knocks my alignment off, and worse fuel mileage

lowered cons are that i wasnt a fan of the ride, if i hit a big enough bump it would make the axle hit the frame cause it was so low, but it was also a little quicker and better gas mileage.

i think if you wanna stay lifted, you need some big ol tires lol

OP
OP
M

mopar4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 4.7
i think if you wanna stay lifted, you need some big ol tires lol

eh, im happy with 33s their toyo mts..i wouldnt wanna see the price for a 35x13.50x20 tire lol

keep in mind my truck is only 2wd

has any of you ran your trucks in the 1/4? if so whats times did you have i wanna compare my truck to something

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not I...racing my truck ='s things breaking, that I cant afford to fix! *****

Last edited:

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I say keep it lifted!!! Looks great the way it is. If the ride is better than lowered is keep it that way. Comfort makes everything better ;)

Sent from my ADR6350

OP
OP
M

mopar4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 4.7
I say keep it lifted!!! Looks great the way it is. If the ride is better than lowered is keep it that way. Comfort makes everything better ;)

Sent from my ADR6350

yes the ride is a hare better than low, except when i hit a big enough bump i can feel/hear the control arms hit the spring mounts :disgust:

iSlacker816

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 (360ci) Magnum
Since it's 2wd, I say lowered. Plus there just something about a regular cab short bed lowered that's just freakin sweet!

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i think it looks pretty cool lowered. if you keep it lifted i would do something different than those 20's

02hairlessram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree with the lowered. I mean look at Hemibabe's truck, that thing is sick lowered.:drool: Love me some RCSB hugging the ground.

David

dick.breakey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Agree with the lower as well. They're sick looking. Too bad dodge never(afaik) put a hemi 5 speed rcsb 2wd package together.