steering stabilizer recs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Have had a slight vibration in my front end when under load. Not so much since I replace my front shocks, and one side of the antisway end links. I will be replacing the other side soon and hopefully that fixes it, and I will also install my drop brackets.

I was also told I need to replace the steering stabilizer shock as its leaking. Any recommendations? I would like the dual bilsteins but that is out of the budget.

rambob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
its likely not the sway link, mine is bad. it just knocks when you turn or hit a bump.

I have had success with rough country products on my jeep. their steering damp was a larger rod and fluid capacity over stock.

looking at the site, its $50 and its the same pn as the 2500 and 3500 models.

Last edited:
OP
OP
wermbang

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
thanks for the info will look into that. Is there a benefit of have duals? Eventually I will be running 35" tires but not sure when

iSlacker816

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 (360ci) Magnum
Dave is the guy to ask there luck since he has his dual bilstein stabilizer

OP
OP
wermbang

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
^thats what I think I will do. Now to price search.

2K10HemiRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hometown: Tacoma, WA Stationed: Alamogordo NM
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I put dual rough countries on my old truck and it helps out a good bit. Duals just help keep your wheel straighter under more stressful conditions. For example, it can get really windy here in Vegas and on really bad days, I would get hit with strong gusts and it would move me over a little bit while going down the highway. After I put the duals on, the same winds could hardly budge me. Another reason I went with a dual setup is because I simply liked the look.

OP
OP
wermbang

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
anyone ever used the Moog Steering Damper?

I am heading to advanced here in a bit to pick up anti sway bushings, and a moog bar end link. Thought about picking up that kit.