Stock 5.7 Tuner/Programmer recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HighCountry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm new to the tuner world but have been doing some research...

I'm not looking for the most performance I can squeeze out of my truck... I'm keeping it stock... I just want to wake it up a bit. Especially throttle response.

Anyway, after some research, I think I'm going to pick up a used (unlocked of course) Superchips tuner... But I'm confused about which one. There are a lot of options... I've searched the forums and it appears the choices for my
'07 5.7 Hemi Ram 1500 are:

Cortex 3950
Am I missing any?
And for my stock setup, are they all pretty much the same? Or am I missing anything?
Any help from those of you with more smarts then me would be greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance.

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Is a Diablo Sport w/ hemifever tune not an option?

OP
OP
H

HighCountry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the replies… Yes, I'm trying to do this on the cheap… Something I'll probably sell with the truck when the time comes for an upgrade.

So any of those three I mentioned would be decent choices?

OP
OP
H

HighCountry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks xtreme... so, does "outdated" mean it's no longer supported, you can't get updates, and you shouldn't buy it? Or does that just mean it's not the one you can buy new from Superchips???

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
They don't update their tunes for the older vehicles, so anything 3865 and newer will work great and have trans tuning (if purchased).

atrupo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I owned a Flashpaq tuner and was not impressed. The tunes are too generic to make a difference. Be prepared to buy premium gas to get the most out of the tune. Hemifever tunes are the way to go. If you are looking for throttle response i.e. waking the engine up, check out the thread for Pedal Commander reviews on here.

OP
OP
H

HighCountry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Pedal Commander sounds interesting, but it's more expensive than a used tuner. But I will keep it in mind for the future. It sounds like it would help that throttle response.

And I forgot the newest model, the 3845 on my list...
so if I understand correctly, the 3950 & the 3842 are older models, so no updates?
And the 3865 & the 3845 are the newer models and are still being updated?

DRKSTR088

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
For what he wants, the Superchips will work just fine and not cost as much.

does hemifever have customs tunes? lets say if i add a cam in and then later port the heads, can they make a custom tune for these gains?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963