Strictly the 4x4 lowering thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evotuner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Not a full drop, just a McG 2" rear drop.

Before...
picture.php

After...
picture.php

It's more like a 1 5/8" drop but has settled a little more since.

Looks like I want, is this 4x4?
Thanks!

xariver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you guys still hauling anything with the lowering kit or can you no longer haul as much i want to lower it but i don't want to spent the money then have my boat ruin the springs

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2005 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
-dropped 2/4.5 using Mcgaughy's 2/4.5 drop
-then dropped 3/6 using stock leaf spring shackles and loosening torsion bars

Drop Kit

BEFORE PICS:

AFTER PICS:

FINAL STANCE:

[yt]2tztrL9huVI[/yt]

[yt]a1cDZhEpL-A[/yt]

2011 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
-dropped 2/3 using ground force coil springs and rear shocks

Drop Kit

How To:
http://www.ramforum.com/f75/how-install-coil-spring-lowering-kit-ground-force-11419/

BEFORE PICS:

AFTER PICS:

That looks really nice. I've been thinking I want to lift mine and go with bigger tires, but that's pretty sharp. I don't plan on hardcore offroading anyway. How's the ride after this kit?

mojoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any need for a relocation bracket or an adjustable bar for the rear when using a 2" rear spring drop on the 4wd? Just worried about my axle shifting and/or vibration. Thanks.

Sent from my happy place...

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
That looks really nice. I've been thinking I want to lift mine and go with bigger tires, but that's pretty sharp. I don't plan on hardcore offroading anyway. How's the ride after this kit?

It wasn't too bad at all. A little stiffer than stock. When I put the 22's on however, the ride got real bumpy due to the small tire sidewall.

Truck is for sale if you know anyone insterested! :eek:

mojoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont meen to be a drag but why lower a 4x4?

Well for me, I love to mod my vehicles. I have not built a street truck since 1998 (99 Silverado). I have had lifted trucks/SUVs/Jeeps since 2000. I think the regular cab RAM is begging for a drop (of any level) It just looks sexy that way :rockit:

I still have dedicated off-road toys, so I only need a DD that is ok on gas. Since I spend 99.5% of my time on asphalt with my truck, lifting it would only be aesthetic, and I can still use my 4wd at the boat ramps, etc. Plus launching a 4x4 is a lot more fun to me :D

Last edited:

Jpeyatt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is the groundforce kit compatible with the 13' crew cab? I looked on the website, it only goes up to 2012.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Berber5985

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is definitely on my list of things to do. Now it's just deciding between the Mcgaughys kit or the ground force. Pros and cons of each?? Also, has anyone replaced their shocks with performance based shocks to go along with their lowering kits for 4wd? Just curious!

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont meen to be a drag but why lower a 4x4?

We need the 4x4 to get through slippery snow, nothing deep. It will never ford a stream, go mudding or in deep sand.
Lowering it is the cheapest way to get my trailer nose a couple inches closer to towing level and it may help with MPG as well as get rid of the ridiculous factory rake.

Berber5985

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same^^ but without the trailer. When we do get snow in Maryland occasionally, that 4wd gets its money's worth. Other than that, it's mainly 2wd.

keg184

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I lowered the rear 2" w/ the Mcgaughy's rear springs. When lowered it shifts the rear axle 3/8" to the right, so I got Spohn Perfromance adjustable panhard rod and moved it back to center. I also had to shorten rear swaybar links. While I was at it I cut an inch off the ends of the rear swaybar and welded a bracket w/ 2 holes on top of the end of the bar. I put the end link in the end hole and it made a big difference in the handling of the truck. better rotation in the corners.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I lowered the rear 2" w/ the Mcgaughy's rear springs. When lowered it shifts the rear axle 3/8" to the right, so I got Spohn Perfromance adjustable panhard rod and moved it back to center. I also had to shorten rear swaybar links. While I was at it I cut an inch off the ends of the rear swaybar and welded a bracket w/ 2 holes on top of the end of the bar. I put the end link in the end hole and it made a big difference in the handling of the truck. better rotation in the corners.

Holy balls- do you have any pics?? I'm going to try re-drilling a hole for the factory panhard bar but if I have to grab a Spohn adjustable I could have someone weld a bracket on before install...