Subwoofer Advice Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JinxCanada

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm still seriously considering the fiber glass box with the dual 10" Alpine Type S in them. The Type S subs are pricey here and I like that the box is glass...plus it's somewhat local so I can just go pick it up. at $300.00 CAD though for used...I'm on the fence.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Most amps run down to 1 ohm, except for the Kicker amp. They don't do 1 ohm afaik. Find the sub impedance and go from there.
The 44KXA models can play all the way down to 1 ohm now.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
actually I just looked at it. I'm not sure an 8" sub is going to have enough bump to fill the truck and keep up with the new Kicker speakers I'm putting in. I don't need to shake the house..but I DO want to feel it and have some punch when the music calls for it.

We install a ton of them (and CS speakers), it gives a little more bass than the Factory 8" Alpine produces. It usually blends very well with speakers. It won't win any awards but it fills in the bottom end nicely.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
What I used for 2 years in my 2011. ^^^^

OP
OP
JinxCanada

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We install a ton of them (and CS speakers), it gives a little more bass than the Factory 8" Alpine produces. It usually blends very well with speakers. It won't win any awards but it fills in the bottom end nicely.

I appreciate that, however, I do not have a stock sub in my truck at all....and if I'm going to go through all this to upgrade my speakers etc I want to get as much bang for my money that I can. I feel like dual 10" subs will certainly fill the truck with the type of bass I'm looking for hopefully. I dont' think an 8" low powered sub would do the job for my tastes.

OP
OP
JinxCanada

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
that amp is more than enough for those two woofers, that is a great deal.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Yes, that amp will do over 600 watts, more than enough.
When I do my system I may actually use CXA amps.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can't beat them for the price or the footprint. I wish they had a cheap marine version of it lol, I will be ordering a KXM800.8 in a few weeks.