Sucking gas more then usual.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VFDPrim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all so my 98 1500 is now sucking down way more gas then it was a few months ago. now brakes aren't dragging or anything engine sounds the same as it did before. the only known issues is a small coolant leak and the u joints are shot other then that all seems good. wondering where I should start looking for the issue at or if anyone has ideas. got questions ask I would be happy to answer for an educated answer thanks in advance

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
What is your average oil consumption and when did you last do an ignition tune up?

OP
OP
VFDPrim

VFDPrim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
oil consumption seems to be normal never really have to add more. and ignition tune-up? not sure what you mean by that but I got spark plugs and all that fun stuff last spring I do believe

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
That's exactly what I meant.

Generally speaking there are only a few things that cause a sudden drop like that: Blown plenum, worn/failed ignition parts or a slipping trans.

OP
OP
VFDPrim

VFDPrim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hmm trans seems fine not sure what a plenum is will have to look into that . thanks