Suspension popping/clunking

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty' started by zeddy, Jan 7, 2017.

1. zeddy

zeddy Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4 Hemi
    I have it installed for just over a year now. Never had issues. Started popping about two weeks now. Especially when it's cold.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2. PCT

PCT Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2013 Ram
    Engine:
    I'm assuming the spacer fits ontop of the coil tower/assembly. Is there a chance that the assembly is slightly compromised and the cold exasperated it? Cause 2.5 inches isn't a lot of lift, yeah it's about the max you want to go before you deal with geometry, unless the new HD trucks are different

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

3. zeddy

zeddy Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4 Hemi
    Coils are straight, nothing loose. the spacer actually bolts onto the spring bucket (if that's what it's called). Dealer said they checked and tightened everything. they said i altered the geometry of the truck thus causing the popping/clunk (they won't fix a known/common problem with the HD's because i have a leveling kit, and can't fix other issues). I really dont know anymore, as much i love my truck, i think i'm done with this truck and ram....people warned me about dodge, horrible customer service, don't take care of their product. Took the benefit of the doubt. should of stuck with nissan. Nissan always stuck behind their product and always takes care of their customer.

just a little frustrated....

4. BIGWHITE16

BIGWHITE16 Member

Ram Year:
    2016 Ram 2500 Tradesman
    Engine:
    6.4L HEMI
    I have a 2.5" pro comp coil spacer. No popping. No clunking.

5. zeddy

zeddy Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4 Hemi
    I have mine for over year and never had a single noise come from the suspension. There's a guy who posted a video of the body mount popping. Sounds the exact same.... Started a few weeks ago. The symptoms are right on the money when it comes to the body mount TSB, to the "T".

6. PCT

PCT Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2013 Ram
    Engine:
    Sorry haven't been much help...
    Sorry for ignorance, TSB as in dealer fix, or something else?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

7. zeddy

zeddy Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4 Hemi
    Can't figure it out. I even tightened the body mounts and same thing. Every other bolt/nut nice and tight.

8. Ratket

Ratket Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2014 2500
    Engine:
    Hemi 6.4
    Doesn't matter what brand it is.. unless u are buddy buddy with the dealership and they installed the aftermarket parts - This is a prime example of what happens. Unfortunately you will most likely have to pull the spacers and get the truck to mimic the noise with one of their techs in it. Other than that they are just gonna keep blaming the after market parts. And again let me stress that issue right there is not just a " Dodge " issue- My local ford dealership is the same way.. I suggest you start making friends with their service writer- Or maybe reach out to a after market shop for help- I like rough country - But they won't be able to help you at all- Maybe look to a more " Dosge aftermarket shop- Or company that deals with these trucks-

Dodge off road . Com-
    Cjc off road . Com-

Try describing your issue and see what they have heard/ Noticed?
    I know my truck pops on the driver side when I over extend the suspension-
    I am not sure how your springs could be perfectly straight because in order to get that 2" or 2.5" you compressed those springers by adding a spacer-
    Maybe toss up some pics for us? -

Maybe try a different dealer?
    If the dealer is the same one you bought the truck from - Start hunting you will shop else where..

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  9. zeddy

zeddy Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4 Hemi
    Yeah, the coils are bowed alittle.

I've been looking around and some torquing the body mounts down. I torqued them down about another 1/2 a turn. Today's the second day and haven't heard anything yet (knock on wood). I knew it had to do with the body mounts.

[​IMG]