Swap Compilation

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance' started by mwclarksr, May 9, 2018.

Sponsored By: Moe's Performance
  1. Demon-HeMi

Demon-HeMi Super Moderator Staff Member

Ram Year:
    2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
    Engine:
    (2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6

what do you mean the 03 doesn't have the electric pedal? My 03 has one, the Mfg date on my truck is 11/02, shes one of the EARLY EARLY hemi trucks

2. chrisp2493

chrisp2493 Always Modding

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    392 Hemi
    Mine has a cable running from the gas peddle to underneath the battery box, and it changes it to an electronic signal connected to the throttle body

I Bleed Ram Trucks

3. Demon-HeMi

Ram Year:
    2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
    Engine:
    (2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
    I dont remember mine doing that but ill double check

4. HemiLonestar

HemiLonestar Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 hemi
    Calm your tits lol, the throttle body is the same electronic one but the pedal itself is not. They went to an actual e-pedal in 04.

This

5. Demon-HeMi

Ram Year:
    2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
    Engine:
    (2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6

lol my tits never got excited this time, lol, i could have sworn i didnt have any cables coming off my pedal on that truck but ill go double check it cause now im curious

HemiLonestar likes this.
  6. HemiLonestar

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 hemi
    I love how I've never done this swap and you think I have all the answers LMAO. I have been told 08 heads will bolt on no problem and the 08 cams are comparable to HO's. Trick here is being able to fire both coils per cylinder (08+ 4.7 has two coils with two different style spark plugs, thanks Dodge lol). I don't think an 08 PCM would work in your truck because it's a combined module (you have separate ECM & TCM) designed to work with an electronic throttle body (08+ 4.7's are fly by wire as well, which is why you need an adapter to retrofit the intake manifold to an earlier 4.7) in a CAN bus vehicle (yours is PCI bus). In this case, I'd get fully dressed 08+ heads (including cams) and bolt them to the block to verify no PTV contact and clearances. If that's good, then I'd consult with hotwire about seeing if it's possible to alter harness so that both coils can be fired (otherwise there's no point using the newer heads). If that isn't viable, then a P&P on the stock heads would help, or airram sells prepped heads with P&P and bigger valves (bigger valves, more fuel and air in and out). 08, aftermarket or custom grind cams would be helpful as well. Using your style heads would negate having to figure out how to fire a secondary coil. So if it were mine, list would be (not necessarily in order):
    -Gears
    -Tuner
    -All at once big valve heads, intake manifold, cams and custom tune

Of course, you could always go hog wild like this guy did and throw an Eaton M122 on there (airram.com has adapters to put a cobra mustang 4.6 blower on a 4.7)

TRUCK2.JPG TRUCK3.JPG

7. mwclarksr

mwclarksr Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    4.7L - 287cid
    I ask you because 1. your answers just about make sense 90% of the time. 2. you are almost always the only one that will take the time to read threads and answer if you have a thoughtful reply. 3. Hardly anyone else will reply.

adamh3844 likes this.
  8. HemiLonestar

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 hemi
    Fair enough lol

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

9. mwclarksr

mwclarksr Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    4.7L - 287cid
    Lol, I call it like I see it. But anyway, thank you for your information.

What it means is that, from what I have read not only on my thread but others everywhere else, because I have the first year of the 3rd gen, I will be paying out the ass. If Chrysler wanted to have everything available for the 2500 & 3500, why in the hell did they release this body style for the 1500 alone. They should have waited. Well, I'm not made of money, so I will abandon this engine swap completely. Having a 2002 sucks ass.

adamh3844 likes this.
  10. HemiLonestar

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 hemi
    Not much better for the 03 lol, other than having a hemi. Personally I think the Eaton install on a 4.7 would be fun.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk