Swapping Tow Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rablwo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello All,
I have a new 1500 Sport with Tow mirrors that have turn signals, power mirror, and puddle lights. I would like change them over to the standard power fold mirrors. Can y’all help with a vendor that sells that equipment? Mopar seems to want an exuberant amount for them and I am not even sure that the parts I viewed were what I needed. I understand that I would need a new switch console on the door and the dealer to enter a code into the truck’s computer.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
check out 1aauto.com they have them at a much lower price, and you shouldn't need to enter a sales code that is just for people who don't currently have power mirrors to get power mirrors, also I don't believe you'd need to change your switches either, same reason.

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What color are your mirrors? I'd trade with you if you would want to

Sent from the MOPAR gods!

OP
OP
R

rablwo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am looking for the power folding option on the mirrors. There is a button on the switch panel to control that option. I would imagine there would be an interface on the EVIC system as well. Lonestar12, my mirrors are black. They have turn indicators and puddle lights. I believe they are heated as well. They do fold in manually and can be rotated from horizontal to vertical. I would be interested in a trade if yours are the power folding mirrors.

I appreciate the feedback.

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Crap, never mind I don't have power folding

Sent from the MOPAR gods!

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
My apologies you said power mirror in your post and I assumed you meant they were power folding. Yeah if yours aren't power folding already then you'd need to get that drivers side window switch and a code flashed.

OP
OP
R

rablwo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Sport CC 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I appreciate the responses. I checked 1aauto but the website didn't have a drop down for newer vehicles. This is a want more than I need. I may start looking at salvage yards. That might be my best bet. I am not in a big hurry.

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
Actually your problem is that you probably search for a Dodge Ram, an now I get to proudly inform you that you are not driving a dodge, 1aauto is one of the only retailers to have properly updated their databases to reflect the fact that we are our own brand!

2014 Ram 1500 Truck Side View Mirror | 2014 Ram 1500 Truck Replacement Passenger & Driver Side Mirrors | Aftermarket 2014 Ram 1500 Truck Side Rear View Mirrors At 1A Auto

but they are out of stock. Hey 1aauto if you ever check the forum you sponsor, you're welcome.

Yeah I've been searching for some normal size True Blue mirrors with the turn signals with no luck for a while either, I check cars-parts.com and rock auto on a daily basis, they'll definitely have tow mirrors though.

jagr200

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually your problem is that you probably search for a Dodge Ram, an now I get to proudly inform you that you are not driving a dodge, 1aauto is one of the only retailers to have properly updated their databases to reflect the fact that we are our own brand!

2014 Ram 1500 Truck Side View Mirror | 2014 Ram 1500 Truck Replacement Passenger & Driver Side Mirrors | Aftermarket 2014 Ram 1500 Truck Side Rear View Mirrors At 1A Auto

but they are out of stock. Hey 1aauto if you ever check the forum you sponsor, you're welcome.

Yeah I've been searching for some normal size True Blue mirrors with the turn signals with no luck for a while either, I check cars-parts.com and rock auto on a daily basis, they'll definitely have tow mirrors though.

The whole "brand spinoff" by Chrysler was a HORRIBLE move and is actually hurting their sales and branding. I really don't get why they did it. I know more people that have bypassed the truck because of the fact that they think finding parts and such is hard because they rebranded and nobody updated databases.

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
I never would have bought my truck if it was a dodge still personally. And do you have numbers to back that up? I honestly feel it was a good move for ram and Chrysler as a whole. And its not more difficult to find parts, you just have to do double work due to some retailers being ignorant of the fact that its a ram or lazy. If they were real smart theyd have it in their databases both ways.

Either way it doesnt matter, it has nothing to do with the OP's question, sorry for the thread hijack.

Last edited:

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
The whole "brand spinoff" by Chrysler was a HORRIBLE move and is actually hurting their sales and branding. I really don't get why they did it. I know more people that have bypassed the truck because of the fact that they think finding parts and such is hard because they rebranded and nobody updated databases.

I actually think it's helped the brand. There seems to be better Ram trucks than Dodge Ram trucks. They're are a lot more on the road than before, and back to back motor trend truck of the year. I'd say good move.

jagr200

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your "Ram" is still a Dodge. Still made at the same plant by the same people designed by the same people. Your money goes through "Ram" and then to Chrysler. It is the same thing. Just a shell game.

man n black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
^^^^^^Errrrr, you meant to say Fiat not Chrysler right....

Ram trucks (and Jeep) is owned by the Fiat Group...has been since before 4th Gen came out hence the upgraded build quality/materials and Jeeps' new diesel engine (made by Morini I think)

Ch

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi

Thanks guys, I checked on that SKU, it's a new product it looks like we should have those mirrors in around the middle of June.

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thanks guys, I checked on that SKU, it's a new product it looks like we should have those mirrors in around the middle of June.

Tony, I have been looking for a tow mirror for my 2013 1500 with power and heat, as well as the amb temp sensor. The only things I can find for the 2013 are all manual (no heat) or all the bells and whistles (power, heat, blinker, puddle light). Do you know if there are any plans to make a tow mirror with just my functions? I have the Express model.

EOD_Tex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Seems like a good discussion here, I traded in my '07 Ram for a '13 Charger....and here I am a year later. Traded in the Charger since I did so well on it and ordered a '14 1500 Outdoorsman from the factory. Just got it friday and I too, have the tow mirrors (manual folding, power/heated). At the time, I wanted the capability of a wider field of view but realized that when I got the measurements of the truck, it didn't account for mirrors. I'd really like to make them, or at least the passenger side, power folding. I did a search and this is the most recent discussion on the topic, but I saw that last year it looked like some guys with '13s were able to get a door module, switch pack, and motor assembly to retrofit existing mirrors; or were able to get a switch pack, door module and just swap mirrors. Not sure if it ever actually worked though.

I don't mind the added width of the tow mirrors, but I'd really like to make them power folding. Alternatively, I'd be willing to swap mirrors. What do you guys think?

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram sport 4x4 crew
Engine
hemi 5.7
what are you going to be doing with ur mirrors now? do yah still have them?

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins

Fiat did it to protect the truck brand. Dodge was going down and there was no telling where rock bottom was. The only thing selling was their trucks. Incase dodge would (or should) go under Ran trucks will still be produced. Real stupid isn't it?!

I don't know any one who hasn't bought a Ram because it is no longer a Dodge while I have a **** ton of friends buying brand new Rams

EOD_Tex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
what are you going to be doing with ur mirrors now? do yah still have them?

I have mine, I'd like to swap them for power foldaways, either by purchasing parts or trading someone. It'll take the mirror assembly, door control modules, and a different switch set, plus a flash to the right sales code by a dealer, according to everything I'm seeing.

I spoke to tech help at 1aauto.com today and he said the mirrors mentioned in this thread are upgrades to standard power foldaways, meaning if you already have them, you can add these and now have power foldaway tow mirrors. It won't be a complete fix for guys who currently have manual folding tow mirrors because the door module and computer code won;t be set up...it would, however, be a lot cheaper to buy those mirrors than ones from a stealership.

BLKMAGIC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have power/heated mirrors with no signals or puddle lamps, interested in upgrading to Tow mirrors with atleast the same features. I wouldn't care about hardwiring the puddle lamps and signals to get everything working, but does anyone know if the harness would match up for the power/heated aspects? It doesn't look like they list a tow with power operation and heated only