Swapping Tow Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UneasyJmitchell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wanna get some tow mirrors, but I have just started looking into it. Im not sure of all the power mirror stuff I have, if any. The tows look great on the 1500 4x4s IMHO.

EOD_Tex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Agreed! I like the look and the function of them, I've just got to swap them or I may end up taking out one of the cops at the gate of the base one day by accident, hahaha

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have mine, I'd like to swap them for power foldaways, either by purchasing parts or trading someone. It'll take the mirror assembly, door control modules, and a different switch set, plus a flash to the right sales code by a dealer, according to everything I'm seeing.

I spoke to tech help at 1aauto.com today and he said the mirrors mentioned in this thread are upgrades to standard power foldaways, meaning if you already have them, you can add these and now have power foldaway tow mirrors. It won't be a complete fix for guys who currently have manual folding tow mirrors because the door module and computer code won;t be set up...it would, however, be a lot cheaper to buy those mirrors than ones from a stealership.

When i contacted 1aauto they just told me my original mirrors need to be the same with same features to work, as in they are replacements if you already have the tows not upgrdes for us power fold guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rpr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you clarify the above?

I have powerfold standard mirrors on a 2014 Limited?

Is there a way to install powerfold tow mirrors on my vehicle?

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Can you clarify the above?

I have powerfold standard mirrors on a 2014 Limited?

Is there a way to install powerfold tow mirrors on my vehicle?

ive never heard of powerfold tow mirrors on rams although im not too familiar with with the Laramie and upper models, the ones from 1aauto say power fold in the description that's what has me wondering, powerfold tows would be sweet

EOD_Tex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you already have powerfold standard size mirrors, the ones from 1aauto will be a way to upgrade to tow mirrors that also powerfold. I spent a good bit on the phone with them on that, trying to figure out if they would help me. They won't. If you don't have powerfolds already, they won't help. If you get em and want to sell your standard size powerfolds, let me know.