Swapping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Troy Sebra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9 12 valve
Does anyone know if you can swap a 6.7 and an Aisin tranny in a 2nd gen

ouch1011

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
I don't believe anyone has done it (mostly because the 6.7 is not particularly great) but it probably could be done. You'll need to do more research and make sure you fully realize what all that entails, because taking a newer drivetrain like that out of the setting it is accustomed to can be quite a task. Doable for sure, but it's a lot of work.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
If you are a badd a fabricator and have access to the things you need and a buddy. I am quite certain. at this time I know of no one who has done this.

There is a guy who put a hemi into his 2nd gen, but that is as far as it goes to my knowledge.
There is also a 4th gen dash swap thread, but it is very involved as well.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
It's been done. Forums more specific to the cummins platform will likely be a better place to search. Theoretically, it should almost drop into 5.9 cummins mounts. Theoretically. Whether this is accurate or not is anybody's guess. It will take research and you'll need to decide whether this is actually something worth doing.

Things to consider:
1. Fuel system
2. Engine management/control
3. Transmission management/control
4. Transfercase if 4x4