Swaybar links

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was filling my front passenger tire with air today when I noticed something was wrong. I looked under my truck and saw the sway bar link was broken! I have no clue when it happened or anything. SO now I need to replace this and I am going to do both sides. My question is how hard is this job? Should I also look at replacing the bushings as well? Any help I appreciate!

05daytona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They are easy to change. And you might as well change the bushings while you're there. If you want to get the polyurethane bushings.

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
I did them on my 3/4 ton... super easy job!

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
I would get a new set of sway bars and change out the stock ones to some better ones. You will be much happier with the aftermarket ones.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Belltech, Hellwig, or Addco are what most people replace the OEM sway bars wth. I have the Hellwigs on my truck, and my wifes truck, my daughters truck has the Belltech swaybars. I drive all three and to tell the truth I do not feel much if any difference between the Hellwig's and the Belltechs. But there is a big difference over stock.

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will check them out for sway bar. Any recommendations on the sway bar links on what brand to get?

Edit: Checked out sway bars and seem to can't find Hellwig for my year truck. I only found rear not front? But found on autoanything they have Belltech

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Scratch that, I found Rear only for sway bar. Do they not make afternmarket ones for front?

saintsreturn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn
Engine
EcoDiesel
Polyurethane bushings the best?

Hands down better. It is usually the last upgrade for cars that do full suspension mods because of the work involved. I run them whenever I am in the area since they last longer and are better in general. I just hate doing them when I am not already torn down in the work area

Sent from this thing in my hand

89gtcs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1 more vote for poly. Use plenty of white lithium grease on them to keep them quiet

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are doing the bushings a pain? Also is a alignment needed after the job?

I was still trying find a upgrade front sway bar but no luck, guess they don't exist for my year truck and I will have to stick to stock.

Anyone recommend any sway bar link brands? Autoanything has universal Hellwig, only issue with that is I would need to use the Clevis mount kit and it will not make the sway bar fit. I measured my sway bar from where it sat on control arm all the way to top and I got 8" I believe. To use the Clevis mount thats adding on 3" autoanythingn and the sway bar links shortest is 6" so that won't fit.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Some years they did not offer aftermarket swaybars for. It seems you have one of those maybe. Ill check around and see if I can find anything.

Hemi5speed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ever driven a truck with no sway bar? I removed the sway bars off two of my trucks in my younger days because I was too cheap to extend the links when I lifted them. I could never tell the difference between driving with the sway bar removed and having it on. Surely it serves it's purpose but I highly doubt you need to upgrade to a bigger sway bar on a truck that isn't carving the corners. Fix your broken link and replace the bushings but put the money else where. If you couldn't feel the sway bar was broken you don't need a beefier one

KNG SNKE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ever driven a truck with no sway bar? I removed the sway bars off two of my trucks in my younger days because I was too cheap to extend the links when I lifted them. I could never tell the difference between driving with the sway bar removed and having it on. Surely it serves it's purpose but I highly doubt you need to upgrade to a bigger sway bar on a truck that isn't carving the corners. Fix your broken link and replace the bushings but put the money else where. If you couldn't feel the sway bar was broken you don't need a beefier one

I don't run a sway bar on the front of mine. Kept blowing sway links every 30 days in RI so I just removed the damn thing. Got tired of replacing them. It sways like a boat if you make rapid lane changes but honestly if you don't take turns really fast no issues. I plan on reinstalling it because I will be towing shortly but that is the only reason.

Hemi5speed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Absolutely I'm not saying to just rip it out. I'm simply saying going to an aftermarket beefier sway bar is probably a waste of money

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Think I will just replace the links. I am probably going to go with MOOG since they are known to be good. I was looking at rock auto and saw these:
More Information for MOOG K7400

Anyone want to confirm they are good? Or recommend something else?

89gtcs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Moog makes good parts. An alternate brand (also good) is Raybestos

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do I need to get an alignment after doing this? Also any brand recommendations for the bushings?