Votes: 399 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 993 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 661 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Just wondering why those that use redline pay over twice the price of pup for their oil. My oil analysis shows that the pup is doing good, if it wasn’t I could see paying more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas.

I’ll be frank sir

Maybe you should ask what we pay for Redline before you start saying we’re paying twice the price of PUP.

Thats way wrong.

There’s thousands of pages in here as to why we use Redline and its no secret. I don’t know your intentions i’m wondering if you’re just trying to stir the pot a bit with your comment. we are not saying PUP is bad oil. Its a GREAT oil. And you are correct that produces awesome results with oil analysis. Frequently even better than Redline.

Go back 1000 pages and read for a while dear sir.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Close to -30°F
Redline 5w40
PUP 0w40

I knew for a fact that PUP0w40 would win. I just wanted to find out by how much. Both of these are top shelf oils with about the best base stocks you can ask for. But both are TOTALLY different base stocks as we know. Have we discussed if PUP has any small amount of group 3 blended in it at all? Can’t remember we’ve been talking about the same stuff for years now[emoji23]. Can pretty much guarantee it does not after seeing how crystal-clear it is at this temperature and how incredibly well it flows.

This test was just more for me so I could see in person how my oil flows that I use in my truck when we get temperatures in the negative teens. Im thrilled to say the least.

The containers I used definitely were not the best choice but it’s what I had. Something with more of a bottleneck to slow the oil a bit would’ve been best.

Both oils still look crystal clear when -30°. The frost on the glass does make them look a bit cloudy but I assure you it’s just the condensation on the glass that has frozen.

I was actually expecting Redline to be a tad bit slower than it is

If I lived in da great White North (Da U.P. Eh!) I think it would be a great choice to use PUP 0w40 in the winter as an alternative to redline (if you don’t want to pay double the price for the redline[emoji6]). If any of you guys have redline 0w40 and redline 5w40 could we see a video of cold flow between the 2?

Anyway.... here it is ya bum’s

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just wondering why those that use redline pay over twice the price of pup for their oil. My oil analysis shows that the pup is doing good, if it wasn’t I could see paying more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas.
My truck ticks on PUP and doesn't on Redline. Pretty simple really...

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ll be frank sir

Maybe you should ask what we pay for Redline before you start saying we’re paying twice the price of PUP.

Thats way wrong.

There’s thousands of pages in here as to why we use Redline and its no secret. I don’t know your intentions i’m wondering if you’re just trying to stir the pot a bit with your comment. we are not saying PUP is bad oil. Its a GREAT oil. And you are correct that produces awesome results with oil analysis. Frequently even better than Redline.

Go back 1000 pages and read for a while dear sir.

I was just looking at the price of both on amazon and that’s where I got the double the price. With as much squirrel posts on here it’s hard to keep track of actual oil talks. I was just trying to cut through 1000’s of posts to get an answer.

2cde06e46df7b6c9f5ec6f3e71271dae.jpg3c5824283830a7ebf9293bf7bdaaa9cc.jpg

Last edited:

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Close to -30°F
Redline 5w40
PUP 0w40

I knew for a fact that PUP0w40 would win. I just wanted to find out by how much. Both of these are top shelf oils with about the best base stocks you can ask for. But both are TOTALLY different base stocks as we know. Have we discussed if PUP has any small amount of group 3 blended in it at all? Can’t remember we’ve been talking about the same stuff for years now[emoji23]. Can pretty much guarantee it does not after seeing how crystal-clear it is at this temperature and how incredibly well it flows.

This test was just more for me so I could see in person how my oil flows that I use in my truck when we get temperatures in the negative teens. Im thrilled to say the least.

The containers I used definitely were not the best choice but it’s what I had. Something with more of a bottleneck to slow the oil a bit would’ve been best.

Both oils still look crystal clear when -30°. The frost on the glass does make them look a bit cloudy but I assure you it’s just the condensation on the glass that has frozen.

If I lived in da great White North (Da U.P. Eh!) I think it would be a great choice to use PUP 0w40 in the winter as an alternative to redline (if you don’t want to pay double the price for the redline[emoji6]). If any of you guys have redline 0w40 and redline 5w40 could we see a video of cold flow between the 2?

That's pretty impressive for RL being a 5w[emoji15]

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
That's pretty impressive for RL being a 5w[emoji15]

I’m very impressed for sure in the 5w40

Granted we’re just looking at it as gravity pushes it. That’s much different than when it’s trying to be forced through small passages by a pump but it still gives us a pretty good idea

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was just looking at the price of both on amazon and that’s where I got the double the price. With as much squirrel posts on here it’s hard to keep track of actual oil talks. I was just trying to cut through 1000’s of posts to get an answer.

2cde06e46df7b6c9f5ec6f3e71271dae.jpg3c5824283830a7ebf9293bf7bdaaa9cc.jpg

Wow, that's gone up on Amazon since I bought RL 5w20[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

Jegs.com RL 5w20 is about $48/gallon and Nick can get it cheaper than that[emoji106]

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Close to -30°F
Redline 5w40
PUP 0w40

What’s that sound? BOOM!!!

I love a good field test, thank you sir.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
What’s that sound? BOOM!!!

I love a good field test, thank you sir.

Sound?

Give me A Timestamp in the video? I don’t hear anything.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Close to -30°F
Redline 5w40
PUP 0w40

Nice, you got a deep freezer huh? Now we got a guy who can do all of our cold flow tests, lol.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Ok Kyle, go the walmart and buy every oil you can off the shelf, and then send the bill to Murph Slaw, he is a rock star, I'm pretty sure he can afford it.

Squirrel post like around #1023.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Nice, you got a deep freezer huh? Now we got a guy who can do all of our cold flow tests, lol.
I used to have access to cyrogenic freezers. You could test at what temperature the oil stopped flowing considering most of them were capable of -90°C or colder...lol

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Ok Kyle, go the walmart and buy every oil you can off the shelf, and then send the bill to Murph Slaw, he is a rock star, I'm pretty sure he can afford it.

Squirrel post like around #1023.

[emoji23][emoji23]

Will do.

Lets do some lineups that make sense instead of doing some random ****. Got any good ideas?

Squirrel post #1024

tjfdesmo

Reaction score

My 6.4 had startup clatter, and hot tick on PUP, but not on RL. Smart folks buy from Nick @gotexhaust. Amazon is often not the lowest price on many items. They prey on folks who make it a habit to automatically order there.