Votes: 396 14.3%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 992 35.9%
  • Other

Votes: 660 23.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I guess GM realized there was a need for it after all this time lol

So does it have to be emptied does it just dump back into the engine?

I’m trying to figure that out. I think it would just drain back into the oil pan, at least that makes the most sense.

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L 4x4
Amsoil SS 0W-40

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Must've used the same crappy power cylinder design in the 5.3 to blow that much oil past the rings on a gasser.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Did something stupid and ran my 4.7 for 7K miles on Castrol (forgot what exactly it was, but it was their highest end stuff as walmart was out of PPHM).

I need to get an oil change as the big move is coming up and this truck is making her final drive from CA to FL on Tuesday. Now to hope i remember...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did something stupid and ran my 4.7 for 7K miles on Castrol (forgot what exactly it was, but it was their highest end stuff as walmart was out of PPHM).

I need to get an oil change as the big move is coming up and this truck is making her final drive from CA to FL on Tuesday. Now to hope i remember...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a long move, but definitely a good one[emoji106]

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
50759170083_9422e29330_c.jpg

Christmas
Raining
Changing Oil

Is there anything better then this? If so don't tell me cause I'm smiling ear to ear. Fram Ultra still impressing me, the wife got a new job and she has been driving the hell out of her car, I took filter apart still pliable.

There is a ton of room down there, I don't know why Toyota puts such a small filter down there. It's like an ideology, let's make everything as small as possible. So why not make everything dinky, but not the filter? The hemi RP filter can eat like 3 of these filters. Many benefits to having a larger filter, too bad toyota is too busy thinking dinky.

I think I might have some punxsutawney phil in my bloodline, so let's test it. Last year xmas I split a bunch of oil, and look what happened 2020. So this year looks like a small little bit. So I forecast a much better year this year, but not perfect. merry xmas

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Alright fellas.

2016 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi 8sp AWD.

It’s almost to 50k. I am planning to do the front and rear diff with Amsoil Severe Gear, and I am thinking about doing the trans also, but I hate the procedure and the cost of the Mopar fluid.

Has anyone done it, and if so what do you use and how bug of a pain in the ass is it?

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L 4x4
Amsoil SS 0W-40

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Alright fellas.

2016 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi 8sp AWD.

It’s almost to 50k. I am planning to do the front and rear diff with Amsoil Severe Gear, and I am thinking about doing the trans also, but I hate the procedure and the cost of the Mopar fluid.

Has anyone done it, and if so what do you use and how bug of a pain in the ass is it?

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L 4x4
Amsoil SS 0W-40
For the SG make sure to get the Easy Packs. It's seriously one of the best inventions ever[emoji106]

The trans is a whole different issue, my plan on the wife's old 2017 GC was to drain it and pull the pan while catching as much fluid as possible. Then measure what came out, jack up one side of it(whichever side the fill plug was on), and put that much back in.

We ended up trading it before I tried this but *in theory* this should get the proper fill level, assuming it was filled properly at the factory.......

Last edited:

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
50759170083_9422e29330_c.jpg

Christmas
Raining
Changing Oil

Is there anything better then this? If so don't tell me cause I'm smiling ear to ear. Fram Ultra still impressing me, the wife got a new job and she has been driving the hell out of her car, I took filter apart still pliable.

There is a ton of room down there, I don't know why Toyota puts such a small filter down there. It's like an ideology, let's make everything as small as possible. So why not make everything dinky, but not the filter? The hemi RP filter can eat like 3 of these filters. Many benefits to having a larger filter, too bad toyota is too busy thinking dinky.

I think I might have some punxsutawney phil in my bloodline, so let's test it. Last year xmas I split a bunch of oil, and look what happened 2020. So this year looks like a small little bit. So I forecast a much better year this year, but not perfect. merry xmas

Why yes - yes there is......changing your gear oils!

Banks Diff Cover.jpeg

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Why yes - yes there is......changing your gear oils!

View attachment 231985

You ever scoop up snow or mud with that cover. I really like the concept. They actually are trying to cool it without disrupting the original flow of oil. But I’m afraid because it looks like its asking to pack with mud/snow.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You ever scoop up snow or mud with that cover. I really like the concept. They actually are trying to cool it without disrupting the original flow of oil. But I’m afraid because it looks like its asking to pack with mud/snow.

Good point

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Yeah, I still like it though, just wash after wheeling.

Oh I totally get it. I just dont want to hit a rock or log and the force from the hit brakes a bolt head off or something.[emoji2373]

Im probably over thinking it. But thats what i do

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI

I thought about this a lot before I sprang & bought it. I can't say I've tested it - I just put the truck back in the house garage when done. It's been snowing here ever since.

When I reviewed the design, Banks thought about this aspect quite a bit - none of the cover hangs down any lower than the stock axle housing, same as with the stock cover. All they've done is extend the lower radii of the cover to stick out from the sides of the housing to pick up cooling airflow. Could these edges get hit by a rock? I suppose, but it's still tucked up pretty good in the chassis. The casting is aluminum, but appears to be a die-casting, with very low porosity = strong.

If an air scoop corner did break off, the rest of the casting still seals the housing with the 14 cover bolts and a milled-grove o-ring face seal. It's a top-quality design. Go to bankspower.com and read about it.

I bought it more for the CFD internal directional flow bearing lubrication than for the CHT cooling, as I don't tow heavy loads in the upper half of GCVWR.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Banks sure did shake it up with his research. I respect that and I'm glad he did it. If nothing else, it makes rocking the stock oem diff cover a legit strategy. It just makes you wish it was guys like bank designing our trucks and not some diverse blue hair dyed focus group. The later should stick to making ice cream and let the real guys build real trucks.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Banks sure did shake it up with his research. I respect that and I'm glad he did it. If nothing else, it makes rocking the stock oem diff cover a legit strategy. It just makes you wish it was guys like bank designing our trucks and not some diverse blue hair dyed focus group. The later should stick to making ice cream and let the real guys build real trucks.

giphy.gif